cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My download speed has dropped

2010dsc
Grafter

My download speed has dropped

I have been getting a fairly stable download of 36 Mbps since I switched to fibre. Over the last few days this has dropped to 26 - 28.  Is there a fault?  BT test result is attached.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: My download speed has dropped

Hi there,
I've just been running some tests which didn't highlight any problems.
Just to help us narrow things down can you try connecting to the router using a network cable and try testing the speeds again using this site? http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
2010dsc
Grafter

Here are the test results with ethernet connection
2010dsc
Grafter

Speed seems stable at 28 ish like it has been capped.  Here are todays test results from the BT site.  Is anybody dealing with this problem?
clanarchy

Quote from: 2010dsc
I have been getting a fairly stable download of 36 Mbps since I switched to fibre. Over the last few days this has dropped to 26 - 28.  Is there a fault?  BT test result is attached.

I'm having exact same issues. I joined plusnet earlier this month and was getting 36+Mbps, it dropped to around 32 on the 18th Jan and now seems capped at 28Mbps.
My Estimated line speed is 35-51Mb.
Just ran a bt test and it looks like my Ip profile has been reset to 30Mbps, sorry I'm new to all this how do you get that raised back up?
2010dsc
Grafter

I'm having exact same issues. I joined plusnet earlier this month and was getting 36+Mbps, it dropped to around 32 on the 18th Jan and now seems capped at 28Mbps.
My Estimated line speed is 35-51Mb.
Just ran a bt test and it looks like my Ip profile has been reset to 30Mbps, sorry I'm new to all this how do you get that raised back up?

I don't know how we get the speed back that we are paying for.  I can't even get anybody from plusnet to reply.  I would try online chat but it's always unavailable.  The quickest way to get a better service might be to talk to Sky or BT.
2010dsc
Grafter

It is 7 days since I first told you about the speed reduction on my account.  My speed is still 28Mbps and I am still waiting for someone to sort it out.  At least tell me if you are going to do something or not.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Can you test it in the next 15 minutes?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
2010dsc
Grafter

The short answer is No.  I had to be away from the computer, and I have only just returned.  I have tested again and the speed is now 23.88.  I have been constantly testing when I have time and haven't recorded a speed over 29.  I've done the tests on wifi and ethernet and they are both the same.