cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My connection just drops out

pbradfield512

My connection just drops out

I have recently moved to Plusnet fibre broadband. I have allowed the 10 days for the system to settle, but it doesn't appear to be much quicker than my old standard broadband. The most frustrating thing is that I still lose the connection. Sometimes it comes back automatically. Other times I have to reconnect manually. This happens on both the my laptop and my pc. I have carried the recommended speed check and the results are; download speed 35.93 Mbps, upload speed 9.89 Mbps and ping latency 36.50ms. Are these the type of results I should expect and if so why does the connection just randomly drop out? Appreciate any feedback.
4 REPLIES 4
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: My connection just drops out

Welcome to the community.
I can't see much wrong with the speeds you are getting.
as for connection, this has been excellent (currently 13 Days, 4 hours on going. This makes me thing the issues that you have may be related to wireless. Have you tried a wired connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
pbradfield512

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me. The connection has just dropped out on me again and I received the code #2032 on the BTW Performance Test. I reconnected manually and the results are; results are; download speed 38.93 Mbps, upload speed 9.43 Mbps and ping latency 38.63ms. Why shouyld this happen?
On my pc I am using powerline wi fi adaptor as the pc is in a different room. On my new laptop it already has the wireless facility built in, but I have the same connection problems even when I am in the same room as the router> So do you think it could still be the wireless connection or is the broadband speeding varying and causing the connection drop out?
darklight
Grafter

It's a big possibility, but you need to run speed test wired to get a proper result, and to figure out if it's your wifi that is the problem.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

As darklight has said we need you to connect over a wired connection before we can make any more suggestions.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team