cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My connection is not as good as it was....

Randall8686
Grafter

Re: My connection is not as good as it was....

Thanks Matthew,
I have ordered a huawei modem so that should solve my issue from what others have been saying on another forum they have all been having the same issue (not just plusnet all fttc) im assuming that my line speed profile will change its self over time ?
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

youre lucky i lost 12 meg from my connection and was basicly told to put up or shut up
Randall8686
Grafter

I whole flood of people have told me the same thing due to modem incompatibility, they all said the same "the isp is not interested in helping as its "over" the drastically reduced estimate"
Haffoc
Grafter

Quote from: Randall8686
Thanks Matthew,
I have ordered a huawei modem so that should solve my issue from what others have been saying on another forum they have all been having the same issue (not just plusnet all fttc) im assuming that my line speed profile will change its self over time ?

Not really sure if mine was G.INP as I lost 10-15Mbps, but it does look as if it contributed. My profile dropped to 55M, an Openreach engineer reset it on Saturday
It took around 2-3 days for my profile and line to fully recover, I went from a 55/52 profile/sync to 60/52 prof/sync, 60/57 on Sunday  then this morning I had a profile of 71M and a sync of 57. Plusnet made some changes about 2 hours ago and now I'm syncing at 69M.
So it does seem that your IP profile will improve, speed/sync may need some help from support.
My line profile was 0.128M-67M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low - suggesting G.INP was present, now it's 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Interleaving On so I guess the BT fix has worked.
englishrick
Grafter

Well lost some more sync speed AGAIN now down to 60mb.... so its now about 16mb We've lost..... and its just above our acceptable speed of 60.8 Mbps @ 60.93 Mbps LMFAO Think at this rate we may as well go with SKY's 38mb Fibre and save ourselves a few quid!!!!!!!!!
englishrick
Grafter

And now we are below 60mb......58.99mb infact......absolute CRAP
englishrick
Grafter

Well turned Modem off last night to see if it would sync any higher this morning it did but not by much, still not a patch on what I used to get, lost around 15mb on my sync, also when I returned home from work this afternoon I checked my ping graph and there was a disconnection at around 11.30am - 12pm..... Just can't wait till Virgin Media Cable comes to our area next year....
englishrick
Grafter

Still no better, PlusNet are saying my line is only capable of 61mb, when clearly I have had a 77.43mb connection for well over a year...Utter Rubbish.... I have numerous jpg to prove this from loads of speed test done in the past...
Randall8686
Grafter

Quote from: Randall8686
Hey all,
Any advice welcome here. I was with BT infinity for a while and their service was spot on. However due to wanting a static i.p and also the cashback on offer i chose Plusnet over Zen for my next isp. However it is started going down hill. Here are the "average" connection details over the last year or so.
This was when the connection was installed or fairly close to it

it then settled to this and stayed at this speed for a long time.

However in the last 3 months this is the best i can get out of my connection now. (on average 61-63)

Weirdly the upload has gone upslightly but on average i have 62-63 mbps that a 10 mbps drop !! and my ping averaged 25 but i can get 20 at times.
Nothing has changed on the hardware front and my entire house is Cat5e with everything being Gig connection. I have an Asus AC68U router with the white openreach modem. I get the same result connected directly to the open reach modem so its not my network slowing things down i dont think.
I would expect as more people take up fibre for it to slow at peak times but this is 24/7.
Im seriously tempted to give Zen a go now and see if that improves things. a 10mbps drop in my eyes is a huge drop 15% of my connection speed has just walked away and also over doubled my ping. Has any one else had this ?
I know it seems a little petty and some will say your lucky to get 60odd but ultimately my line was better and it seems to be slowing by about 1mbps a month or so as an average. Given i have a couple of servers in my house doing bits and bob i really cannot afford to have a slower connection. I want my connection to get faster with time not slower. The increase in ping is also very annoying.

OK quick update i dropped the ECI Branded modem, changed it for a huawei hg612 and here are the results i get this all day every day. so it seems the Modem made all the difference Cheesy