cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My broadband speed

annettehaigh
Hooked

My broadband speed

Since the beginning of January I have experienced really much slower speeds than previously. Both tablets are slow to respond and when I have checked the speeds they show average of 20mbps download and only 5.3mbps upload, that i the best area of the house, some rooms are less than that. It can vary from 22 down to 17.  Havec attached a screenshot to show what is happening.

Is there anyone out there willing to help a pensioner who is not tech wise. I have fibre broadband but surely as the ad says I should be getting better than this.

Hope you can help.

Annette

https://photos.app.goo.gl/J3B7zvRL1jpSNCbs9

2 REPLIES 2
crimsom
Rising Star

Re: My broadband speed

There is insufficient detail about your broadband problem. If you have undertaken all of the PlusNet installation checks and are sure that the problem is on the in-coming supply side of your Open Reach master socket, then Open Reach may have inadvertently changed your IP Profile speed.

To lookup your IP Profile, go to BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test and perform a speed test. Click on the diagnostics tab at the bottom of the speed test results page, on the next page provide your line information, then click to continue. Wait until it has finished interrogating your local Open Reach exchange. The diagnostics page will then appear. Look at the bottom of the box beneath the 1. Downstream Test. In small text you will find the IP Profile speed for your line.

Your Open Reach IP Profile is automatically created in the telephone exchange. Its value fluctuates to ensure that your line speed is always stabilised. However, your IP Profile may have got stuck at a slower line speed. If the slow broadband speed persists more than five days, you could raise a PlusNet Fault. Invariably PlusNet are unable to intervene in the Open Reach automated process, but they could assign an engineer to check that there is not a serious fault with the exchange monitoring equipment. 

Hope this helps. Kind regards. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: My broadband speed

Thanks for getting in touch @annettehaigh

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your download speeds.

I can see you spoke with our support team yesterday afternoon who raised a fault on your line.

I've just picked that up for you now and it appears your speeds have been restricted by the Dynamic Line Management (DLM for short) software.

This has been passed to our suppliers for it to be removed and this should happen in the next 3 working days.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team