cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My broadband drops out going from hero to zero several times a day

addl1bandscore
Hooked

My broadband drops out going from hero to zero several times a day

My broadband drops out completely several times a day. It’s not a new phenomenon but is happening increasingly regularly. I can test my speeds and be 48 Mbs one minute and the next I can’t even connect to the speed tester. I’d like someone to check my line but there’s no customer service on the phone or on chat. Anyone from plusnet reading this please let me know how to get this sorted. 

5 REPLIES 5
Matt9

Re: My broadband drops out going from hero to zero several times a day

Mine is exactly the same. Almost impossible to work and very frustrating. It’d be great to get advice on how it can get fixed
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@addl1bandscore Check out the 'Fibre - Speed faults' sticky towards the top of this board. Sorry, but because I don't use fibre I may not be able to help, but send me a PM when you have posted the requested data and I'll have a quick look.

John
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @addl1bandscore

Sorry to hear about problems with your broadband. I have tested your line and there is no fault. Line is very stable.

Looks like there is a problem with your wireless network, I can suggest to follow this guide

Here is graph of your connection:

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @Matt9 

Your situation is quite different. I can see that your line is dropping but there is no fault when tested.

Can you please follow this guide and let us know if you will still have same problems once connected into test socket?

I have created ticket on your account, once you will complete Own Domain Checks, please answer to this ticket and one of our fault agents will be in touch.

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

Orwell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi addl1bandscore ,

Thank you for your message, and I am sorry to note the inconvenience.

In the interests of data protection, I have replied by e-mail via the online portal.

Please check your e-mail and if you have any further questions, please reply via the portal thread.

Best Wishes,

- Ken

Ken Bryant
 Plusnet Help Team