Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My WiFi

FIXED
frankdouglas
Dabbler

My WiFi

Thankyou.all for all the suggestions but I think I sorted it myself, One simple thing, Turned my Bluetooth off and wireless up at 47:61 and download at 16:21, I did this yesterday and it is still the same this morning. Pats myself on the back lol  End of problem i think..

12 REPLIES 12
dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: My WiFi

Fix

Hi

To assist others having similar problems, please can you post which router and wifi equipment you are using?

Thanks

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

frankdouglas
Dabbler

In reply to Dabblers post Iam on Plusnet Hub One WPS6 Fibre Router... Hope this helps.

dws1900
Aspiring Pro

Hi

Some of the non ISP supplied routers have a bluetooth-wifi co-existence option, presumably to prevent interference between the two protocols.

Re the equipment you have using blue tooth, examples may be mice, sound equipment etc, I use Apple bluetooth mice and have not experienced any problems, so I am a bit curious as to what may have caused your issues.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Lots of devices can cause this. Years ago I experienced the problem with a relative's set up. In this case it was a Skype cordless phone and a BT hub that couldn't live together.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

frankdouglas
Dabbler

I went through everything with the tech people....Different ones....Not once whatever we tried made my wireless work as it should....As I have said earlier all I have done is untick bluetooth setting and now it works....And it is still working....At plus 40 mbs Download and 17 plus Upload....So as far as I can see it was my bluetooth that was causing me problems....Its the only thing I did what upped my speed on my wireless setup.

dws1900
Aspiring Pro

Hi

bit confused, was this an option on the router to disable the Bluetooth?

My other router has a Bluetooth/Wifi co-exist option, which is only available on the 2.4Ghz option.

Bluetooth & 2.4Ghz wifi share the same frequency band , so if you wanted to utilise your Bluetooth in the future,

you may need to use just the 5Ghz wifi, however as I stated in my very long post, which I hope you had time to read,

each band has differing characteristics, some equipment only works on 2.4Ghz (such as a well known weather station/central heating controller/security camera manufacturer)

frankdouglas
Dabbler

It was the Bluetooth on my computer that I turned off. Not the router .
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Was the Bluetooth connected to other equipment? If so what happens if you switch the computer Bluetooth back on and the connected equipment off?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

frankdouglas
Dabbler

No it was not connected to anything else. I won't be answering anymore replies. As I have stated. I unticked the Bluetooth on my computer and when I tried speed test again it worked. It was as simple as that. Please don't ask anymore questions on this topic. Thankyou.
dws1900
Aspiring Pro

Hi Baldrick

I wonder if there may be a co-exist option on his wifi adaptor? and perhaps there may be a problem with the adaptor.

Does Bluetooth just poll for devices every so often?

Pity we don't have more info as others may be experiencing the same problem, especially if its a popular pc, and not realising they may be able to improve their Wifi

It was mentioned in one of the many threads that there was an Ipad on the network, well most Apple equipment is dual band and usually quite good at finding the best channel.

I feel for the ISP's that consumers seem to think all the network issues they have are down to the ISP, even when there is information available on the site to assist, and searching the Plusnet site, Bluetooth is mentioned in one of the FAQ's as a potential problem area.

Sounds like this issue was a home goal!!

frankdouglas
Dabbler

So it may help others as you said earlier I will tell you the process I went through to get WiFi working as it should.

I have a new Hub One Plusnet Router, It is both 2:4 ghz and 5 ghz, There is no Bluetooth on the Router, I have an ordinary wireless mouse, I had tried everything with the tech people at Plusnet, Switched off the 2:4 ghz, No change, Seperated the 2:4 ghz from the 5 ghz, Still no joy, So I did a process of elimination going into setting and unticking one thing trying speedtest, No joy so put back to original settings, I did this until i got to the blue tooth box, Unticked it and ever since then it has let my WiFi work as it should, Iam 47 plus mbs of download and 17 mbs plus of upload. I have bluetooth switched on , On my phone so it connects to my car for me to talk hands free  but that is the only blue tooth switched on in my Bungalow. My Wife has her Alba tablet on all the time and since I got the WiFi up to its proper speed she has benefited from better speed also, That is all I can tell you so I hope it may work for other people experiencing slow WiFi,

Regards,

Frank. 

dws1900
Aspiring Pro

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Lets hope the problem does not re-occur.