Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Upload Cut to 2Mbps

just12310
Hooked

My Upload Cut to 2Mbps

Hello,

I have originally signed up to 40/20 and have received very close to those figures.

End of June I received an email saying that my speeds would be changed to 52/9.4Mb.

I renewed my contract last month for my fibre and landline and Plusnet matched my existing deal near enough to reatain my custom.  I discussed the end of June email with the agent and it was confimed that this and the speeds were still valid, with which I was pleased with.

Yesterday I receive the following email

The order we placed to change your upload speed has completed.

Your upload speed is now 2Mbit/s.

Checked speedtest and sure enough, ~2 Mbps is my current u/l speed.

I am very dismayed that this has happend.  I have tried to resolve on the telephone and chat servive and wasted over 1.5 hours holding in queues.

I had issues like this when I first joined and think noit again.

I hope this can be resolved and my speeds restored for a loyal existing customer.

Many thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: My Upload Cut to 2Mbps

Loyalty is worthless to Plusnet.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

PN has cut all uploads to save money on bandwidth ,, nowt you can do exept if you to 80/20 IF !! your line can support it Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Assume it's a mistake.

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

This was highlighted some time ago here.

I've had historic persistent PN calls trying to offer me a better deal. What they don't tell you is that your new deal = the 2Mbps upload cap.

If at all possible stay on your legacy contract if 2Mbps is going to be an issue.

Let's be careful out there !
just12310
Hooked

Hi
That's my point I should still be on my legacy terms as this we discussed when I renewed contract. Hoping PN pick this up and review soon.
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@just12310 wrote:

SNIP

End of June I received an email saying that my speeds would be changed to 52/9.4Mb.

I renewed my contract last month for my fibre and landline and Plusnet matched my existing deal near enough to reatain my custom.  I discussed the end of June email with the agent and it was confimed that this and the speeds were still valid, with which I was pleased with.

Then in my view you were misold the new contract. These type of issues are often reported here. PN'S culture and ethics appear to be deteriorating rapidly.

Hopefully one of the reps will take an interest as they did in this thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Upload-speed-artificially-cut-by-PN/td-p/1370914

If the reps do not sort this out, then I suggest writing a formal letter of complaint.

Richard

just12310
Hooked

I`m hoping the reps can sort this out as they have for other folks in same predictament, who have had theirs sorted in particular by @HarryB whoosmost active on this complaint.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@just12310 I've picked this up off the other thread you commented on. Should hopefully have you back on 55/10 provisioned speed within 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
just12310
Hooked

Thanks @HarryB will
Check my speeds tomorrow 😎
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Harry - I renewed my fibre contract on Tuesday (4th October) and verified with the agent I spoke to that my download and upload speed would be unchanged (55/10). I must have confirmed this half a dozen times and was assured that there would be no change. Would you be so kind as to just confirm this is the case. Reading the forum stories makes me a little nervous and I want to be absolutely sure within my 14 day cooling off period so I can cancel if I am going to be dropped to a different product.

Now I just need to chase up why I received an email stating that I was going to be charged for power line adapters and a £50 activation fee for Plusnet TV despite being told that the activation fee would be waived and confirming I don't need power line adapters for my YouView box.

It seems renewing your contract and taking TV services is frought with danger these days. Failure by Plusnet to properly document what was actually discussed leaves the customer vulnerable. playing back the phone call (if you can do that) would at least confirm everything to support my position.

i just want to make sure I get everything ironed out within the 14 day cooling off period as I don't need the hassle of trying to leave outside of that time.

Any checking you can do would be appreciated.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Sad to see this keeps happening!