cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PlusNet won't connect to work VPN Network - help!

Willis

My PlusNet won't connect to work VPN Network - help!

Hey there!

For the last year I have had no issues connecting to my work VPN (CheckPoint EndPoint Security).

Since this Monday, my VPN connects - but then shows my work network as 'unidentified'.

If I connect my work laptop to another internet provider, such as a mobile phone as a hotspot - everything connects to my work network with no issue.

I've been on the phone with work IT all week - even sent a new laptop over, and I get the same issue.

Having seen other users in the past on this forum (and being advised to post here from someone I spoke to on the phone with PlusNet) - they advised to aske here to get PlusNet engineering help!

Any and all help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Will

4 REPLIES 4
Willis

Re: My PlusNet won't connect to work VPN Network - help!

I noticed a chat a few years back that was resolved, and is almost identical:

https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/VPN-fine-for-9-months-stopped-working-Jan/m-p/1301062

"

Quote from: cohlas
VPN connection through BT Mobile Express (owners of Plusnet) has stopped working over the last month.

Quote from: cohlas
Plusnet won't have anything to do with 'supporting VPN' they said it is not within their policy and their first line supervisors told me to research it myself.......

Apologies for the hassle.
We've identified an issue with the routing of your circuit that I suspect was the cause of the issue. I've made some changes to your account and just kicked your connection. All being well, things should be working again now?
Quote from: kmarchant
Ditto - I've reported similar problem to support as well.  I'm using Checkpoint Endpoint Security IPSEC VPN.  Worked fine for years - but I started getting gateway not responding a week or two ago.  Works fine from other broadband providers and using tethering on my iPhone.

Looks like you're in the same boat. I've made the same changes to your account too so shout up if you're still experiencing problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team"

Willis

Hello,

Could someone from PlusNet please come back to me on this? I spoke with someone via Phone at PlusNet who advised to ask for the issue to be sorted here. It's been 2 days since I put this post up.
It's been almost a week since my work VPN stopped connecting to my work network.

If I use a hotspot on a phone - it works.
If I try my laptop at another WiFi network at another home - it works.

If I try on my PlusNet at home, it fails.

Please can someone at PlusNet look into this.

Thank you
Willis

Can someone at PlusNet please respond?

I've had to use 2.8GB of mobile data from a PAYG Sim card today to actually work, which is extremely expensive.

Which slightly defeats the purpose of having a home Internet connection...

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

There are very few Plusnet employees checking the fora - it is mainly other customers that offer advice here.

There are quite a lot of ways a VPN may fail - you will have to try to identify just what is going wrong before someone may be able to suggest a solution/workaround. Do you get any errors in the VPN log files?

Meanwhile, there are relatively cheap unlimited 4G SIM deals around for most networks.