Re: My Ping and I

As requested, I ran it 3 times. Please see attached

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you let us know how you get on later when more people are using the connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jbligh87
Rising Star

Yea... no better...

see attached

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Boo more like!!

But I don't get it. Lets say this affected you, it was recently fixed:

(doesn't mean it did, just if)

It appears I was misinformed and you were in fact connected to the impacted data centre. The improvements we made were from around lunchtime on the 18th of April, if this is about the time that your services improved, it's likely this was the cause

The above was aimed at me and my issues appear to have been fixed.

And I'm still on a dynamic IP.

I'm at a loss as to why you're seeing this still:(

edit. I posted earlier (or the other day, can't remember) but I did state that I wonder if the PNH1 was introducing the loss within itself. I'm not currently using either of my PNH1's..... hmm, is this possible?

jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi DS

Glad your issue is resolved! Cheesy

This is a brand new router (<1week old) so I'd like to believe that isn't the issue if that's what you are referring to with PNH1?

Intrigued as to what Plusnet now suggest...? Hopefully they check that it isn't  same issue you mentioned above before coming back with their next plan of action.

DS
Seasoned Champion

I'm hoping it fixed, thus far it does look okay....

I've missed something, what router you running at the mo?

(assume the last traceroute was direct, no PLA's, no why-fi - subtle hint at a certain router there;))

jbligh87
Rising Star

I couldn't find any replacement power cables etc to use after PN suggested I attempt replacing them. So plusnet sent out a new router this week. I posted before that performance had improved (definitely not even close to perfect) but wanted to wait until prime time to make sure it wasn't a load issue as I was testing in the middle of a work day. When testing later 6pm+ the result were exactly the same as the old PN router. No change.

I just ran tracert bbc.co.uk in command prompt, if that is direct then yes lol. Also not sure what a PLA is but that is the method I used to ping trace.

DS
Seasoned Champion

Ah, okay. So they sent a new Plusnet Hub One out?

If that's giving the same results during peak time then surely this indicates a congestion issue....?

(unless you're connecting via wifi only)

Nah, by direct I meant with one ethernet cable, from the router straight to the device you're using for the traceroutes.

(with nothing else using the connection)

PLA = powerline adapters (aka ethernet plugs)

jbligh87
Rising Star

Yep all tests were done over ethernet (multiple different cables to be sure). Yes I think it is the Plusnet Hub One.

My internet seems to drop out at night and in the early mornings for 30mins quite regularly too, which is super... Really losing patience with this now.

DS
Seasoned Champion

I was half expecting to see someone from Plusnet popping on here with some further assistance....Lips_are_sealed

Is there anything showing on the routers event log?

If the drops are for that length of time, plus around those times, then I'm wondering if this is a REIN issue, which if it is, will be a right pig to find and sort out.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for the update @jbligh87

I can see that @MatthewWheeler has taken ownership of this one for you, so I'll ask him to drop you a line tomorrow when he's back in the office.

In the interim, do you happen to have a 3rd party router to hand that would rule out/confirm your theory that the Hub One is at fault?

Best wishes

Dave

jbligh87
Rising Star

No I don't have a 3rd party router, I don't expect to have to buy one to get the same service I was getting for 3+ years until 3 months ago either...
jbligh87
Rising Star

Annnnd network has dropped again....*sigh*
jbligh87
Rising Star

Matt is there any update...?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues.

I'm afraid at this point we're very limited in what we can do going forward as the entire line has been checked and multiple routers tried although they are all from ourselves.

I've removed the static IP from your account and dropped your connection as we believe the wider issue affecting this is resolved.

Can you see how you get on being connected on a dynamic IP?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team