Forgot to note, I have added these results to the question on my account

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: My Ping and I

Thanks for updating the ticket.

I'll update it with confirmation shortly of the details of the next visit

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

Engineer called earlier, he was going to do a lift and shift if they would let him. He said they will probably put me on an old port as it's automated. I told him the LLUMS had already been actioned so I just need moving to a repaired/new port.

He said he was going to call me back but obviously that's too much to ask Smiley do you have an update on what was done?

I will check the connection when I get home after work.

Thanks, Joe
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

From what I can see there was a bit of a issue finding the right port as they've only carried it out in the last 12 minutes from what I can see.

There's no updates regarding it yet and as I finish at 4 it's likely they won't come through before I go.

I'll check tomorrow but if you can let me know if you're still having issues that'd be great

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

Engineer (Dave) just called me, he's been at the box working on it for last 3 hrs which is why I didn't hear from him.

Long and short of it - more fantastically bad news. It's definitely my port causing the issue. All spare ports are damaged and can't be used. LLUMS has been requested (again) and it has been recorded as service effecting. He said all of the details have been relayed to... A lady called Vicky at DSO(?)

He is also hoping to speak directly to the engineer who will be performing the LLUMS as if that engineer goes to perform the LLUMS, his tests with show the port as fine (download/upload speeds fine). If he doesn't speak to him he will cancel the LLUMS as he won't check for ping (they fix it but it isn't in their remit to check/test?????)

So now I'm left hoping everyone can actually speak to eachother and get the LLUMS/lift and shift in place before I lose my mind watching you all dance around process and red tape without speaking directly to eachother.

Hopefully you have heard similar on their report and can confirm a LLUMS/LIFT+SHIFT requests are in place.

Thanks, Joe
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 91

Hello  @jbligh87,

We are sorry to hear that this is the case Joe. I will update your ticket to let Matt know so he can look into this for you as he is currently monitoring your fault.

He will then get back to you with more of an update.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hello,

Is there any update?

Thanks, Joe
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've been advised today that an engineer is due to go out today to try to make another port available to use. As soon as I know more I'll update you further

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jbligh87
Rising Star

Still no update I see 😕

Engineer advised using software called Pingplotter to identify the issue, I have ran this and attached screenshots/output. it basically confirms what I have already been told. I have packet loss and ping spikes which are a result of the ports at the box.

Thanks, Joe

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've been advised they're still working on it but the next update is due by 6 pm at the latest.

In terms of the pingplotter as long as the packet loss isn't consistent over each hop then that's not really showing any major issues.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

Engineer came out and changed the port to a new port on a new card on the box. He also ran tests from my house. Sadly this hasn't worked. I am still getting ping spike issues. A side note - my internet dropped out this morning for 30mins or so but not sure that is related..

He did find from his tests that the issue was in one of two areas (or possibly both), these between the box (his area) and the first ping hop after the box which was (Plusnet's area). I believe he will be submitting his report for you to follow up as it would seem the issue is at your end.

Now that we are right back at the beginning again, please me know what the plan of action is.

Thanks, Joe

orangeman
Grafter

seems like its there servers not ur box/cabinet

i bet if they activated a static ip you would be fine like ive just had to do. You can also activate it yourself and then ask them to remove the £5 fee after which is what ill be doing

jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Orangeman,

Thanks for you advice, I know they added the 'pro' add-on at one point to see if that would help (it didn't) but I don't think they have tried adding static IP.

@matt can you arrange this in addition to any other suggestion you may have please.

Thanks, Joe
orangeman
Grafter

@jbligh87 

you can add this in your control panel under add-ons

and its instant so just reboot your router and check if its fixed your issues

i did mine yesterday and it instantly stopped my packet loss

i will be contacting them tomorrow about a refund

jbligh87
Rising Star

Strange, I don't seem to be able to add any add-ons to My account. The 'add this bolt-on' buttons don't do anything. Also banner saying there are no bolt ons available for my account...guess that's another question for Plusnet on Monday.

Thanks,Joe