Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ping and I

jbligh87
Rising Star

Re: My Ping and I

Hi Matt,

I can see you have added the add-on to my account and as you said, hopefully the charge for this wont be applied to my account!

I am on my computer now and with Youtube playing its running like a dog, as always. I have run some ping tests to confirm and yes, it is still spiking.

Thanks, Joe

jbligh87
Rising Star

Also had it confirmed from different BT engineers a couple of times that the problem is with the ports at the box.

Sadly the engineers don't seem to be able to speak to each other or clearly record what they have done to save themselves the efforts of repeating the job each time one comes out.

Thanks, Joe

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

It was worth a try at least!

Unfortunately DSO aren't open at this time in the evening but I'll chase this up for you tomorrow

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

Yep I guess so.

Why do I have an email confirming I will receive £8 as a gesture of good will? I hope that isn't to cover the 7weeks and counting that I haven't had reliable internet which still isn't fixed? 😕

Thanks, Joe
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @jbligh87,

I'm afraid I can't confirm this information on here due to it being account specific however, I have updated the ticket on your account confirming what the £8 refund is for. You can access it here.

We understand the issue is still ongoing and @MatthewWheeler will get in touch with our suppliers later today for an update from DSO.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

I was expecting an update yesterday, is there one?

Thanks, Joe
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for the delayed response I've only been here a hour Smiley

It looks like there's no notes regarding port changes on Openreach's end so we'll have to request another visit I'm afraid.

If you can respond to the ticket and then post back here I'll get it progressed

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

I can't take a 4th day off work for an engineer to come out and repeat the same process, I assume they won't be coming to the house again so I won't need more time off work?

And you please speak to them and make sure they know new ports need adding? 3 times an engineer has been out and moved me from on broken port to another broken port. None seem to know that new ports need adding when they go out to the box and assume it's a life and shift, not knowing all spare ports are damaged.

Thanks, Joe
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can make the request that they only carry out work at the cabinet but I can't gurantee it.

Would you be available for a weekend slot at all?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jbligh87
Rising Star

I've had an engineer here 3 or 4 times and each time they have said the issue is at the box with the ports there. Please send them tomorrow. I'd rather not waste a weekend day to either sat in for them not to need me here or for me to repeat the conversation I have had the last few times. New ports are required. If they actually made notes when they came out I wouldn't have to be telling you/them this.

Thanks, Joe
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'll update the ticket shortly with more details.

I'm afraid there's not much point booking an appointment for tomorrow as we won't be able to get the DSO team to escalate the visit in time

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Matt,

You've said you have requested a lift and shift on the question on my account. I'm not entirely sure how many times/ways I can say this, but I'll try again...:

ALL OF THE PORTS THAT ARE FREE ON MY BOX ARE DAMAGED.

New ports need physically adding to the box, then I need moving to the newly installed port. If they lift and shift they will move me to an already damaged (confirmed by engineer) spare ports. This has happened several times now. New ports are needed.

This is exhausting.

Thanks, Joe
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @jbligh87,

A LLUMS case was raised to install new ports in the cabinet, as this completed we can now request the engineer lift & shift to move you to a newly available port. However, this could have been the case since the visit where the LLUMS case was raised. In the meantime, could you please run a new trace route to bbc.co.uk ensuring this is complete by Ethernet cable so we can reassess the quality of your connection.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hello,

Nobody has told me that the new port had been added to the box, in fact the last I heard I believe you were waiting for confirmation that the ports had been added.

I can run the ping trace when I get home but I can tell you that last night it was running like a dog (as it has been since these ping issues started).

Thanks, Joe
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi,

As requested, I have ran trace route 3 more times. It is still showing timeouts at the point of hopping from the box.

Thanks, Joe