cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ping and I

gdaviez
Dabbler

Re: My Ping and I

Yea that’s the problem, I know I have the same issue and you guys have been through the hoops, I’m not willing to jump through and see if the fire really is as hot as you both said.

I’m pretty sure bailiffs wouldn’t be sent for something this small tho? There’s a big chance we will find out anyway because I’m not willing to pay a termination fee nor take time off work and jump through hoops to have no results
gdaviez
Dabbler

Ok so spoke to support and it’s gonna cost me £160 to cancel unless technical team can waive the fee because of my problem, I’m not paying £160, I also don’t want to keep this internet connection while having engineer visits and still pay £40 a month, again probably adds up to £160 for what is effectively a broken connection.

Gandalf can you help us out here and get somebody to waive the fee’s? I realise it’s not your problem but at the end of the day you know way more than anybody that I’m gonna speak to on the phone about it
Siledag
Hooked

Such a shame, I have now also just swapped providers because of this mess. But not because of the latency issue, I was out of contract and had been paying £49 a month for fibre extra. The current offer is £28 a month for new joiners, but yet I would only come down to £39 a month as an existing customer. You should nurture loyalty, not punish it.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

That was my reason for leaving Sky @Siledag 

The issue tends to be that as a new comer to an ISP, they dangle a big carrot which means they can actually run at a loss during the initial part of the contract, then they gamble that you won't jump to another ISP after the carrot has been eaten. They could make money back from those whom use their landline phone for chargeable calls so the hit they take can be lessened.

IMHO the whole method of existing customers and contract renewals needs rethinking, I am aware Sky now offer the same price for new and existing customers and AFAIK others don't currently do this.

I have seen that some Plusnet customers are getting nigh on the full 80/20 speeds and they are paying less than me whereas I'm on the lower fibre deal (as we can't get faster speeds here). But I can't really complain as there's people out there whom can only get ADSL and pay more than me.

My only reason for sticking with Plusnet after our first 18 month contract (well actually they tied me into 20 months, but best not go into detail) was due to the fact that the TV part is actually not that badly priced and it was a bit of a battle with their retention's department but got a fairly decent deal (not what I wanted to pay, but we met in the middle).

Anyway, I'm waffling on. I will be giving other ISP's some serious thought when our second 18 month contract term is up, or if my connection starts dropping again then I'll use the statement given to me by Plusnet whereby we have it in writing that we can leave penalty free.

I also wish you well with whomever you move to and it would be interesting to hear back from you in regards to the issues, do yours also 'go away'....?

Siledag
Hooked

@DS I agree, it does need reworking for sure! Baffles me how there is client retention with that policy. I was even trying to get a second line installed, but sales person wasn't interested at all.

I'll keep you updated if it does sort out the issue.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Joe

Sorry for being a bit absent on this thread recently, due to other workflows I’ve passed this to my colleague Harry to take ownership of moving forward.

I’m also sorry to see that you’ve decided to go. I do wish you all the best with your new provider, hopefully you’ll stick around these parts and we’ll see you back at some point in the not too distant future.

@jbligh87 wrote:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Remember all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@ElGappo wrote:

@Gandalf Any luck with the faults team? Get a chance to look at the wholesale test? 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/53368b6c33a567464347635665d879b66b96de69

@ElGappo it looks like that graph may not be valid currently as it's showing a constant 100% packet loss and would essentially mean your connection isn't online. Was it by any chance set up on a previous IP address that has since changed?

@gdaviez wrote:
Ok so spoke to support and it’s gonna cost me £160 to cancel unless technical team can waive the fee because of my problem, I’m not paying £160, I also don’t want to keep this internet connection while having engineer visits and still pay £40 a month, again probably adds up to £160 for what is effectively a broken connection.

Gandalf can you help us out here and get somebody to waive the fee’s? I realise it’s not your problem but at the end of the day you know way more than anybody that I’m gonna speak to on the phone about it

@gdaviez While I appreciate faults can be frustrating, I'm afraid we wouldn't look to waive early termination fees without first being given chance to investigate a specific users issue.

I appreciate if you're experiencing similar symptoms, you wouldn't want to spend the time getting to the same conclusion, however different problems could cause similar symptoms so we would need to investigate your connection further first. Unfortunately we can't do this while there's an order in place to migrate the services away from us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
gdaviez
Dabbler

I Will cancel my sky order today, can you personally reply to my ticket? I really do not want to do this stuff via phone because it’s gonna make it much more stressful imo
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for that, upon my previous response I actually escalated the ticket to myself so I'll see your replies and respond there myself so we should be able to keep it to that ticket.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jbligh87
Rising Star

@Gandalf @HarryB you confirmed on my question there would be no charge for leaving but I received a letter this morning stating I have £185.76 to pay.... 😕

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @jbligh87, Leave that with me and I'll ensure it's adjusted accordingly.

I'll also provide a response via the account shortly confirming this.

I hope this helps.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
grantmdh
Dabbler

Is there any update as to a potential cause? 

grantmdh
Dabbler

@HarryB @Gandalf 

Since yesterday afternoon my connection has gone back to being fine, no spikes. 

gdaviez
Dabbler

mine seems to be fixed aswell

jbligh87
Rising Star

mine is still spiking away xD I'll let you know after 17th when I switch over to Sky... 😕