cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ping and I

jbligh87
Rising Star

Re: My Ping and I

Just to confirm, resetting router didn't do anything. It still has orange light with flashing amber symbol.

Thanks,Joe
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Joe, I'm really sorry to see this.

I've notified our suppliers escalation team and I'd expect to receive a response back tonight. While waiting I've also tested your line and we're detecting an external fault, so I've been in touch with our suppliers and they've raised what's known as a FTTC1 task which means the the job is passed on to DCoE(Diagnostics Centre of Excellence) within Openreach to investigate further and pass the job onto an appropriately skilled engineer.

We've been advised to review on the 2nd April but we may get an update sooner so I'll check back tomorrow on the progress.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

Second of April.... so now it's gone from over a month with unreliable internet to now no internet at all and I am expected to go a weekend with no internet and not expecting a resolution until next week?

That isn't really good enough is it? This needs sorting. I have been more than patient for well over a month.

Thanks, Joe
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I understand the frustration and I can assure you we're escalating this to the highest possible level.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've received an update from our suppliers escalation team to advise they've requested a DSO case to be raised by the appropriate people who can raise these type of escalations.

Should have another update before I start work at 1:30 tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

What is the update..?

Thanks, Joe
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

Do you know why a separate question been raised for this issue in addition to the original?
Also, if I could have an update that would be helpful.

Thanks,Joe
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the delayed response Joe.

What is the update..?

Our suppliers have raised a DSO case with Openreach this morning, we should have more information on that by 01/04/2019. I can see that DCoE have passed this to an engineer last night to go out within the next 2 working days.

Do you know why a separate question been raised for this issue in addition to the original? 

It looks like an adviser created ticket 188813918 when they reported a phone fault to Openreach. Not sure this would actually speed things up as it's basically a duplicate fault report on the supplier systems as the fault is being looked at via the broadband fault report I've been progressing with our suppliers. Anyway hopefully it helps.

I've closed the ticket but left the phone fault open.

The estimated response time we've been provided on both fault reports is by 01/04/19 23:59:59.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit OT, but something inside me so wants this topic to have been called "The Ping and I". Smiley

jbligh87
Rising Star

Why didn't I think of this Sad now it just feels wrong.
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

Is one of those working days today?

Thanks, Joe
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yep it sure is as the fault(s) were raised yesterday.

We should have an update by the close of play on Monday.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

So, checked my internet when I got in from work.

It's connected! Not sure if someone has been out to look at it today? Bad news is that it is still spiking my ping (new record of 1525ms!) So the port still needs replacing by the looks of it..
Thanks, Joe
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Joe,

I'm glad to see your service is back on and just in time for the weekend albeit not 100% usable for gaming yet. We've not received any updates on the back of the broadband or phone fault reports, but it's possible that work was carried out on the back of the LLUMS case which is still open. I've posted an update on our suppliers portal to let them know.

Will hopefully have a response tonight but if not it'll have to wait until Monday I'm afraid.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey Joe,

We've received confirmation Saturday morning that this should be resolved now.

Can you confirm?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet