Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ping and I

jbligh87
Rising Star

Re: My Ping and I

Hi Anoush,

Is there any update from the supplier please?

Thanks, Joe
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Joe,

I updated the ticket this morning, basically no I'm afraid not yet.

We're expecting one later on today though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for the update. I'll try and keep checking here and the ticket for updates.

Thanks, Joe
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Joe, I'll be sure to let you know when I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Joe,

I've just updated your fault ticket but for visibility, I'll post here too...

Our suppliers haven't received any update from Openreach regarding the LLUMS case, which appears to be stuck in the past. They've e-mailed an escalated team to prioritise the task and provide an update as soon as possible.
I can see they plan to review tomorrow afternoon, which I'll relay and chase up if needed on Monday.

We'll see what next week brings us.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jbligh87
Rising Star

Morning Anoush,
Another week gone Sad is there any update?

Thanks,Joe
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can see the update from Saturday says that that Openreach have advised the estimated completion date is/was Sunday, and they've also noted the job is low priority because they believe it's not service affecting.

I've requested the escalation with our suppliers to be dealt with at team leader level advising that this fault is affecting your service as we'd still need to move you to a different port once the LLUMS is closed. 

Should receive a response by tonight, I'll hold off on updating the ticket for now until I've got another update.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jbligh87
Rising Star

Morning Anoush,

Any further update?

Thanks, Joe
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @jbligh87

I've checked the escalation in @Gandalf's absence and I'm afraid there's nothing new to report as yet - our suppliers have advised that they'll come back to us with further information by COP today and I can see that Anoush has already earmarked this to come back to you tomorrow accordingly.

Thanks for your patience whilst we escalate this for you - it's appreciated.

Dave

jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

Is there any update? I believe you were expecting one by cop yesterday?

Another day goes by 😕

Thanks, Joe
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @jbligh87

I'm afraid our suppliers have advised that further work is required for this one - the work is due to take place today, so we should be in a position to understand the outcome tomorrow, or Friday at the latest.

As I'm not in the office tomorrow, I'm going to flag this with Anoush when he arrives at 1:30pm today and ask him to continue to update you accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Joe,

I can see on Monday night our suppliers have accepted the escalation at team leader level and since then they've been chasing this up with Openreach to try to get this prioritised as the completion date keeps getting pushed back. We should receive another update tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

Pushed back another day, it's been over a month since I've have useable fibre broadband which I can play games on.

Can you please do what you can to progress this.

Thanks, Joe
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just got in the office now and I can see our suppliers have advised us that Openreach have said they've missed estimated completion date of yesterday so they're chasing. They've also again noted the job is low priority as they still believe the problem isn't service affecting, so I've asked them to engage with the Director's Service Office (DSO) at Openreach which is the highest point of contact they can go. Will let you know what their next response is.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jbligh87
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

Well, in that case I have great news. I just got home from work don't have any connection at home now. Only a flashing red/orange light and symbol. Still waiting to see if it will connect. So now the dodgy port I'm on IS effecting my service directly and not just my unreliable ping.

Thanks, Joe