Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My IP profile value gone down and down

nicosat2001
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

My IP profile value gone down and down

Hi Team:

Not sure what went wrong but my IP profile seems to be as low as 31.2Mbps.  
Run the BT wholesale test and did not report any issues.  
My router is connected directly to the Openreach socket's Master Port via a microfilter.  
Greatful for any help on this and restoration of my IP profile value. 

Thank you!!!!

14 REPLIES 14
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: My IP profile value gone down and down

Hi @nicosat2001,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that your connection speed has been dropping and for any inconvenience that this has been causing you.

I have tested your line today and the results indicate a potential issue with the equipment connected to the phone line.Our tests show a loop on the line, which is basically a short circuit on the line. This could be a faulty piece of equipment or something breaking the loop such as something going through the line.

To rule out your equipment as the cause, we would like to see if the fault is still present with your equipment disconnected from the line. Please contact us when all the phone sockets in the property are unplugged and if possible please remove the faceplate of the master socket which will disconnect the internal wiring. We can then retest your line and proceed with our investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
nicosat2001
Dabbler

hi Emily

Many thanks for looking into this.  The faceplate has been removed, the Plusnet is connected directly into the master socket via a microfilter and all telephone sockets are unplugged,  We are ready for another test.

Please let us know.

Thank you!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @nicosat2001,

Thank you for doing that. I've retested your line and the test is still picking up the fault so there is definitely something out of place here.

Are you still using your Plusnet router with the Openreach modem attached or are you using a different router at the moment?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
nicosat2001
Dabbler

Hello
Yes. Using Plusnet’s Hub One router. Removed the faceplate of the BTOoenreach socket box and I’m connected directly to the master socket
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you for confirming that. As this is the case, it may be that the router is faulty so I have sent you another one to try. As you've recently signed up for a new contract with us, there's no charge for the router itself. We'd normally charge £6.99 for the postage and packaging but I've waived this as a goodwill gesture due to the connection problem. The new router will be with you within 3-5 working days - please let us know if you continue to experience any problems with your connection once you have the new router.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
nicosat2001
Dabbler

Dear Emily
Thank you so much for sending the new router which has now replaced my previous one. Here are my observations:
1) For about 10 days and up to the 4th of February my IP Profile was 78Mbps. This went down to 33.6Mbps yesterday. I assume this was because my new Product kicked in today. However, even today the IP Profile reads 33.6Mbps
2) When I installed the new router the download line sync speed jump to 38.3Mbps. However, it is now locked at 35Mbps.
Do you think we would benefit by an Openreach engineer visit?
Regards,
Nicholas

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @nicosat2001

Thanks for coming back to us - I can see that you've already provided your availability for an Openreach engineer so I've booked that in for you and provided details via your open fault ticket here.

Best wishes

Dave

nicosat2001
Dabbler

Team
Thank you so much for your great support. The issue with my line was sorted by the Openreach engineer and the Hub One is locked at downstream 68Mbps! Amazing.
However, the IP profile seems to be stuck at 33Mbps thus preventing us from enjoying the line’s new speed experience. I thought the DLM would resolve this within 24hours yet 4 days later there’s been no change.
Thank you for your attention!!!!
nicosat2001
Dabbler

Team

I am bit confused.  When the Openreach engineer visited my property on the 11th of Feb there was a Bridge Tap issue with the line which was fixed and the downstream sync connection rocketed to 68Mbps.  However, even after almost 1 week, the IP profile is stuck at 33Mbps.  I contacted your service desk today who said that there is a Voice Fault Suspected and another (argh) OR engineer is required.  Checking the GEA test reports of 7/Feb and today's there is one observation that sticks out: the "Profile Name" appears to be the same on both reports ie "0.128M-35M Downstream, Interleaving High".

Should Interleaving be on?  Shouldn't there be a DLM reset at the end of each OR visit?

Thanks!

nicosat2001
Dabbler

Any comments?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @nicosat2001 and apologies for the delayed response. I've looked into this for you and I can see your router is getting a sync speed of 67mbps and the DLM profile is correct as follows: "0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

It appears that your download speed is restricted by an old speed profile on your account that matched your sync speed when it was around 30mbps previously. Can you reboot your router and retest your speed?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning @nicosat2001 I'm just following up to see if your speed has improved. 

Can you let me know what speed you've been getting since rebooting your router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nicosat2001
Dabbler

Hello

yes thanks to your great team' support and 2 BT Openeach engineer visits I am now enjoying great broadband speed.  THANK YOU!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @nicosat2001 

I'm glad to see this is sorted now and you're up to speed.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet