cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple resyncs per day, BT unable to find fault

djbenson
Grafter

Multiple resyncs per day, BT unable to find fault

I'll try and keep this short; I have two lines in my house, one serviced by Plusnet, the other by BT (the second line installed because I was sick of the first one disconnecting and getting nowhere with that...)

Both lines are now dropping out daily, several times per day in the case of the Plusnet line, and this has been going on for over 8 weeks.

BT have attended twice as "telephony" calls (a third one was aborted when the engineer realised he'd been the day before and had already told me I needed a broadband engineer) and once (just now) as a broadband call - all 3 have failed to find a problem with the line but yet the re-syncs continue daily - a quick tally across the two lines shows 50 in 2 weeks.

The engineer who has just left has said he will escalate it to the REIN engineers to attend but also said if they aren't on site when the line drops or there is interference, they can't do anything about it. Funny thing is, it's clear from the logs (i.e. Plusnet's RADIUS logs) that a lot of the drops are around 9am so it's not beyond the wit of man to have an engineer on site around that time...

Not sure what else I can do - I guess I'm just venting a bit, but as far as I am concerned, the line is not stable and Plusnet (and now BT) are not providing the service I am paying for.

1 REPLY 1
djbenson
Grafter

Re: Multiple resyncs per day, BT unable to find fault

So last night I decided to set up dslstats/mydslwebstats and have just had a re-sync (again in the usual timeframe of 8am-9am) and have just received this email;

This is to let you know that a resync/restart occurred on your line at 24-02-2017 08:42 local time (+/- 1 minute).

Reason: 1 Remote Defect Indicator/DLM

Current Downstream Sync Rate is now 40619kbps @ 7.6db SNRM
Current Upstream Sync Rate is now 4188kbps @ 6.1db SNRM
as measured at the time of this email.

My SNR looks low based on some guides I've been looking at - what's everybody elses thoughts on this?

Around the time of the resync, there are no spikes in CRC errors and the FEC errors are pegged around the 2000/minute which they seem to constantly be on my line.

Does Remote Defect Indicator/DLM point to an issue at my end, the cabinet, somewhere else?