cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple engineer visits

Nigel7

Multiple engineer visits

Having been with Plusnet for about four years one expects the odd problem now and again
My service has had more than its fair share and this is now forcing me to leave Plusnet.
The problems have been associated mostly with the broadband frequency being noisy and causing the signal to drop out although this has now developed into a noisy telephone line.
I have had numerous engineer visits from open reach, I think I’m now on my third router and the plug has been in the test socket with the front plate off for about a year on engineers advice
I’ve done more disconnect and resets than I care to remember but the problem persists
I have had broadband engineers and nearly every engineer from my local BT depot has been to my house.
The engineers have been in my house , up the wall outside my house, up the telegraph poles in my road,down inspection manholes all the way back to the junction box.
They have checked local interference from power cables, railway lines and any other source.
There have been at least six engineer visits to my home in the last few weeks all to no permanent fault fix.
There has been a road closure, a section of cable replaced and trees cut to fix a damaged cable.
The last engineer was at my home for five hours this week and left with the fault apparently fixed due to faulty joints, only for it to drop out some three hours later.
In desperation I’ve decided to leave Plusnet but realise that my new service provider will be relying on the same network system and BT Open Reach .Im hoping my new provider will have more power over BT than Plusnet in getting the problem finally sorted.
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Multiple engineer visits

So Plusnet keeps calling out BT who can't fix your problems. You're not complaining that Plusnet are not calling in the repair team,  but it's Plusnet's fault that it hasn't been fixed? You will therefore move to another supplier who will call out the same Engineers in the hope that they will fix it because you think that the new ISP will have more power over them?

Is it me?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Nigel7

That’s about as much as I can do unless you have any constructive suggestions ?
Open Reach are uncontactable by end users
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

It's your logic that I don't understand. You say that Plusnet are forcing you to move ISP because despite multiple attempts Openreach have failed to improve your connection.

If you're doing it to punish Plusnet then my view is that Plusnet will not lose any sleep over losing a customer with such a problematic connection.

To me your options are:

1. Keep complaining until BT either fix it or say sorry that's as good as it gets and Plusnet release you from your contract.

2. Put up with what you have.

3. Investigate if there are any options such as checking if there's a cable option or using the mobile network. I have a Mifi router that I use when I'm away and providing you don't need more than 30GB per month the cost is not prohibitive.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to see you're having connection issues despite repeated engineering attempts to fix the problem.

I've begun by raising an escalation with our suppliers, so that they can escalate this accordingly with Openreach before the next engineer goes out, which I can see is booked in for tomorrow afternoon.

I've asked that the engineer completes all the quality gates, such as renew your master socket, renew the dropwire coming into your property, change the D and E side, and perform a lift & shift at the cabinet.

Apologies if some of this work has been done, the notes the engineers have left are fairly scarce. Sad

I've also taken ownership of this for you to ensure we're chasing this up in a timely manner updating your ticket here with more information: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=183059562

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet