Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple dropouts

Bakerj93
Dabbler

Re: Multiple dropouts

Hi Adam,

Just confirm we had another drop while connected to the test socket. Orange power light with a solid red broadband light.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Bakerj93, thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear the drops look to be persisting in the test socket set-up. Re-testing from this side this morning we're not seeing any cause to the drops from this side. In which case, I've updated the fault ticket on your acocunt with steps on how we can progress this fault further which requires your attention. The fault ticket can be seen and commented on here.

Feel free to give us a nudge on here after replying tot he ticket and we'll happily pick up and progress this fault further for you.

Bakerj93
Dabbler

Hi @BD

Thanks for that. I've replied to the ticket with the details you needed. Seems to be getting worse with the power light going solid red last night and the reset button and inserting a pin in the full reset hole didn't have any affect and had to fully power off and power on the hub for it to work. Thanks again. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Bakerj93, thanks for completing the steps. It looks like your engineer appointment has been booked in, let us know how it goes!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Bakerj93
Dabbler

Hi @LaurenB

So the engineer came yesterday and put a new master socket on the wall and rewired everything and changed some of the wiring outside the house as well. Everything seemed to be working fine and we had no drops yesterday.

Now this morning we've already had 2 drops so far. The same issue, all devices lose connection while the light is blue, then the hub restarts itself and the power light turns solid orange with the broadband light also being solid orange until it restarts itself again and then starts working.

I've split the 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz frequencies and noticed that after the hub restarts itself and starts working it doesn't seem to broadcast the 2.4Ghz, so any devices connected to it can't connect unless I physically restart the hub myself.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us @Bakerj93, I'm sorry that the issues are still ongoing after the engineer visit. It looks like you have another visit planned for tomorrow so fingers crossed this gets the issue resolved for you!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Bakerj93
Dabbler

So engineer has been and gone and haven't had any drops since so touch wood it's all ok.

I do think there may be a problem with the hub though as it's stopped broadcasting the 2.4Ghz connection and even when trying to wire up directly to the hub I get no connection.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Bakerj93

Thanks a lot for reaching out again and I'm really sorry to hear that your connection is still quite poor, even after the second engineer visit. The notes on the fault appear to state that there's no issues with the lie itself, which is also confirmed on the RRT, but drop outs can be seen on a consistent basis. I'm not sure what Troubleshooting has already been done on your end, though engineer notes suggest that the source of the issue might be the router itself.

I'd be happy to send out another router to see if this resolves the problem? Please respond on this thread and I'll pick it back up.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Bakerj93
Dabbler

Hi @adam945 

Yeah I think it may be the hub. Even when it's working there are still some slight faults with it. I've tried a few of the troubleshooting steps but no joy. As of now the power light is solid red and doesn't respond when I pressing either of the 2 reset buttons, so currently without service unless I physically turn it off and then on. So yeah I'm happy to try a new router to see if that solves anything. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your response @Bakerj93

Cool, I've now processed a new router to be sent out to you, which should be arriving within the next 3-5 working days. Our Tech Support Team had originally wanted to escalate this matter with our suppliers, but I reckon it's worth seeing if a new router helps first.

Another thing to note is that our KBD line tests aren't able to test the phone line, while we're able to test this on another application anyway, it still seems strange to me. So, see how you get on with the new router for 72 hours once it arrives, and if you're still having problems, we can raise another fault, this time on the phone service instead of broadband. Apologies for the length of time it's taking to get this sorted as well. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds