cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple dropouts and slow connection

faz3933

Multiple dropouts and slow connection

Hi,

Several times today I have experienced the connection dropout.  As well as this the speed is very slow and has been for weeks.  Support line not taking calls, unable to get on line chat.  Is there any technical support available???

Regards,

Faz

12 REPLIES 12
Bengamble11
Hooked

Re: Multiple dropouts and slow connection

I’ve been getting a slow fibre connection for the past 48hours. No dropouts but terrible speeds.
keithypie

I'm having the same issues and have done for 5-6 weeks. It's becoming impossible to work from home as Zoom meetings drop out constantly. Is anyone getting any response from PN?Huh
Chris6316
Hooked

Issue is the same here.

Since the beginning of lockdown I've noticed my connection drops out a few times a day. Connection pings are all over the place too.

I first assumed it was purely down to a large increase in service demand due to people being stuck home. However, the issue is just as bad, if not worse, between 11pm and 3am!

Something isn't right, and it isn't on my end!
JAK92
Rising Star

I'm having same issue too. Seems ethernet connection is relatively stable. But wireless drops considerably, I didn't know whether it was the Plusnet router provided just not been good enough? 

Chris6316
Hooked

If ethernet is stable you should consider changing the channel your router broadcasts on. It's possibly interference causing your issue.

A standard settings will have channel set to Auto, but I've found this caused lots of issues for my household.
Bengamble11
Hooked

How long does it take to show a difference on another channel? I changed channel about 24 hours ago and it’s done nothing.
Dr1ftwood

Mine's been gradually slowing since the lockdown started. Now down from a steady 28MBps in February to 16MBps now. Lots of dropouts today as well. I'm running on a wired connection to the router (which is upgraded from the standard Plusnet one), so it's not a WiFi issue.

Really glad I paid for the 'Fibre Extra' package... not. Nobody answering the phones, online chat disabled, no responses to forum posts - I'll be asking for a refund if I can ever get through to anyone.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JAK92
Rising Star

Changing channel seems to have solved the speed issue for now. Noticed when doing a channel scan that quite a lot of broadband providers around the neighborhood were on the same channel on both 2.4 and 5GHZ. So fingers crossed that solves it! 

faz3933

Hi,

Regular random connection dropouts are more of a concern than speed at present.  Surely you didn't just overlook my post and discard the mention of connection dropping out and focus on speed only??  I need someone to assist with the connection drops AND speed issues, primarily with the random loss of service. 

NicholasA
Dabbler

Plus one. Getting multiple drop outs every day - and it is getting worse rather than better.  The connection drops, and then reconnects a few minutes later.  Impossible to work with calls regularly failing. 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @NicholasA

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your connection and the speed as well. If you're seeing drops in connection please confirm if this is over WiFi or wired connections? If it's WiFi follow this guide, otherwise if it's wired follow this guide here, and if that doesn't help please follow these steps: 

The next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket (which is under the faceplate of your master socket) and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out your internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause of these drops. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists, please can you raise a fault here and our faults team will get it picked up from there. 

Thanks.