cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple disconnects during first week

rshill1973
Dabbler

Re: Multiple disconnects during first week

Could somebody get back to me on this please? Nearly a week since my post, and the issue is still occurring.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the delayed response.

@rshill1973 I can see we responded to your ticket Here on the 3rd June asking for you to carry out troubleshooting steps and get back to us by replying to the ticket, but as we didn't hear back the ticket closed on the 19th June. I've raised the fault again on your behalf Here reporting this to our suppliers and we'd need to arrange an engineer visit for further investigation.

Could you reply to that ticket with when you would be available?

@jlog I can see you've started to raise the fault but you've not completed the broadband troubleshooter. If you can go back through http://faults.plus.net and complete the process, the ticket that's raised Here will go to the relevant team. Feel free to drop us a post back after and we'll get that picked up for you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jlog
Grafter

Thanks for the reply @Gandalf.

I think there's something iffy going on when I raise a fault as I followed the troubleshooter through to the end when I raised it on 18/6.  Given my previous fault wasn't raised correctly, I took this screenshot which confirmed a ticket had been raised...Fault raised 20200618.PNG

I'm fairly sure I got to this point with my previous fault too but I was advised on here that it wasn't submitted correctly. Thus I thought it best to check that this one had been raised correctly here, hence my previous message.  Looks like a good job that I did too Smiley

Do I need to start another one and, if so, is there any way of me confirming whether it has been raised correctly? Should I receive a fault reference via email or something along those lines? (I didn't receive anything after raising this fault & the previous fault) 

Cheers,

Jamie

rshill1973
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf. I didn't receive any comms asking me to reply to the original ticket (e.g an e-mail, which is what I've received this time around).

However, I've seen the most recent ticket, and replied with suggested time slots.

Thanks for re-raising this, much appreciated.

Rob

VNavale

I am having the same issue with my Broadband. Atleast 2 to 3 drops [maybe more] in the afternoon. It is frustrating as my daughter gets disconnected from her zoom class and it takes a while for her to get in as the teacher would have locked the room and has to manually let her in. I have raised a fault.

I changed from vodafone due to issues with speed and did not have so many random disconnects with them although the speed was terrible. Speed with Plusnet has been get but for the issue with random disconnects.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jlog Really odd. I've submitted the fault report on your behalf now. I've also progressed this onto our suppliers and I've added a reply to the ticket. Could you respond to the ticket with when you would be free for an engineer to visit?

@rshill1973 No problem, I've booked the engineer and I've added a reply to the ticket to confirm the appointment details.

@VNavale Sorry for the issues. I've added a reply to the fault ticket you've raised Here and I've progressed this onto our suppliers for further investigation as our tests aren't running properly for some reason. We should receive an update within the next 24 hours and I'll let you know as soon as we do.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rshill1973
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf. I've just added a note (and an apology) to the ticket. Tomorrow morning is pretty much the only time over the next two weeks that I'm not available. I should have been clearer, sorry about that.

Hopefully the appointment can be rearranged.

Thanks,

Rob

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Rob, luckily the fault report isn't yet at the stage of what's known as "past point of no return". I've amended the appointment for you now and I've added a reply to your ticket to confirm the details.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jlog
Grafter

Much appreciated @Gandalf, thanks for the help 👍Just been on to book an engineer but it looks like the ticket is with another team at the mo so I’ll see what their response is.

VNavale

Thank You, An engineer's visit has been booked for next week.

rshill1973
Dabbler

Still waiting for my engineer to turn up in the 8-1 morning slot. No word or note that they might be running late. Not good enough.

rshill1973
Dabbler

It's now Saturday night, and I have absolutely no idea if the booked engineer turned up. No notification of communication if there was an unexpected postponement, a delay, if the visit was conducted entirely off site, if it's been successful. Nothing.

And the connection has just dropped again.

Deeply unimpressive.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jlog No problem, I've checked the fault with our suppliers and I can see it's still in an awaiting appointment status. The message you've received is an automated one and that should've been before my reply. I think I was just a bit hasty in adding my reply too soon after submitting the fault on your account so the automated diagnostics followed after rather than before. I've added another reply to your ticket now.

@rshill1973 I apologise for the missed appointment. I can see 90 minutes after booking the engineer appointment, our suppliers cancelled that advising that no appointment was required in the end because their line tests had failed, which meant that the fault was passed to an external team to investigate further without access to your property.

Because I had already logged off before that point for the weekend (We finish at 8pm) and the ticket's in my personal pool, we didn't proactively let you know. I apologise again for the inconvenience this caused you.

The notes on the supplier fault report advise this was fixed later in the night on Friday. I've tested your line today and the tests are now passing with no issues found. Could you let me know if you have further issues?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rshill1973
Dabbler

OK thanks for the update, appreciate it. Connection did drop twice on Saturday night, and once yesterday night. Both times it returned very swiftly. So it does seem more stable, which is good. Although the fact that it's still dropping at all is a slight concern. I'll monitor over the next few days and get back to you if the fault persists. Thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @rshill1973 

No problem, let us know if you have further drops so we can arrange an engineer to investigate further.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet