Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple disconnects during first week

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Multiple disconnects during first week

@JJmcneil There are questions to be asked first that only the customer can answer.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
JJmcneil
Grafter

yes, i agree. however, a fault can still be raised can it not? to perhaps speed up the process now that you know there is a potential issue?  instead of waiting for the customer to contact you again in a possibly more aggrivated state, and thus lenghtening the time taken to achieve resolution?

As your our staff member has shown, there is an issue and i very much doubt the customer is staying awake all night to reboot the router multiple times to cause the disconnections.

if its a simple fix, no problem, the fault can be closed with no further action. but plusnets lack of willing to take any meaningful steps, lack of action in my case or dismiss me outright caused me personally to leave Plusnet.  my new isp has so far shown that they are willing to be proactive, before even contacting me they contacted OR and TT to find a potential cause and organise an engineers visit. the logs of which i have access to at all times. 

it may seem like i hate plusnet, but i dont. im simply trying to get them to be better for customers. like a lot of other companies are. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@JJmcneil We can raise a fault but if line tests don't detect an external fault it'll go straight to a request to book an engineer visit which is why we'd ask that troubleshooting steps are carried out first as these may resolve the problem. If line tests show an external fault then we can report this to our suppliers for an engineer to investigate externally.

The supplier systems are mostly automated in that they'd act on the result of a line test.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JJmcneil
Grafter

how about internally? i dont mean to contact OR at first contact. i mean an internal fault report. so you can see an issue is ongoing - regardless of the OR line testing - because lets face it, it isnt useful in some cases. then it can be escalated internally or to OR, or closed on satisfactory resolution. im not sure how it works at your offices, but by my own experience, this is absolutely not the case.

- there is a problem with that particular connection, whether that be from a line fault, a plusnet network fault, or customer equipment/property is immaterial.  a fault exists. A fault that its Plusnets responsibility to rectify baring any defect caused by the customer directly, and even then the support should be fantastic, with clear explanation and discussion.  

I realise that some things have to be checked initially and ruled out. but the fact remains that there is a fault. - you have data (like the radius logs) for all your acocunts. plusnet should be proactively identifying issues and pursuing them. even informing a customer of a line fault, or issue that you had solved without them knowing about would greatly improve perception. 

go and have a look on any review site. the amount of similar claims are a joke, which Plusnet should be adressing. 

there should be more of plusnet fighting for there customers toward there suppliers. regardless if they are owned by the same company. havent been asked once with my new ISP to agree to the possibility of a charge if no fault has been found on an engineering visit. with plusnet i had to agree to it, even on the rare occasion your systems/OR discovered a fault. every interaction i had was more about removing the liability from plusnet than actually helping the customer. ( i have a folder filled with screenshots from this forum (with links) from stuff that was deleted/edited from this forum.  HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@JJmcneil We already check everything we can internally at the time of running line tests.

Because you're not a customer seeking help, this will be my final response regarding this. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jlog
Grafter

Not had a disconnect since 26th, not sure if anything had changed on my line? I’d not got round to trying the test socket but fingers crossed that I don’t need to now (sod’s law that I’ll have spoken too soon!)
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @jlog,

It's great to hear that your connection has now settled. If it does start dropping again, please try the test socket and let us know if this doesn't resolve the problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
rshill1973
Dabbler

Hi, I have just raised a fault for this, as it's still happening.

Thanks

jlog
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf

I had a few days without noticing any disconnects but it seems to be gradually getting worse over the last week, had quite a few today. 

I've just tried connecting via the test socket via a micro filter as advised but it wouldn't connect to the net, the power light was orange and the broadband symbol was flashing. I tried restarting the router but that didn't fix it. I left it connected to the test socket for around 10 minutes, should that be sufficient time for it to connect?  

I did notice that the event log was showing 08 Nov (think the event description was " ( 26.210000) WAN Auto-​sensing running."... the since plugging back into the master socket that entry is now showing 13th June .

Cheers,

Jamie

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @jlog, thanks for getting back to us and I' sorry to hear the drops are still persisting. I can see looking at your connection from this side that the drops certainly still seem to be occurring shown by the graph below:

We still aren't detecting any underlying issues however so I'd advise raised a fault here so we can investigate this further fro you.

rshill1973
Dabbler

Hi, could somebody please have another look at this? The issue is still happening, admittedly not as frequently as before, but it is still happening (2-3x a day instead of up to 10 times a day). Somebody from Plusnet did ring me up about 10 days ago, but I was unable to take the call. They left a message saying they'd ring back, but to date nobody has rung back. And now the connection has started dropping out during working hours.

I've been with Plusnet for over a month now, and for the connection to still be sub-optimal isn't great.

Thanks

Rob

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I've tested your line and we're seeing signs of a fault that would need us to book an engineer out to fix for you. Can you report a new fault over at http://faults.plus.net and let me know here when you have? I'll get that sorted for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rshill1973
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

I've already raised a fault for this issue via the same troubleshooter link you've sent over. I didn't receive an incident number but I presume you'll be able to find it via my account details.

Please see attached screenshot which appeared when I clicked on the link just now.

Please let me know when you have an update.

Thanks,

Rob

jlog
Grafter

@BD Thanks Ben, raising a fault now as the disconnects are still occurring.

jlog
Grafter

Hi,
Please can I double check if the fault I raised has been submitted? (something I failed to do on my previous attempt Cheesy ).

8 disconnects so far today, defo seems to be getting worse Sad