cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Internet Drop Outs. Only Unplug/Replug BT Openreach Modem Reconnects

sjb59

Multiple Internet Drop Outs. Only Unplug/Replug BT Openreach Modem Reconnects

Hi everyone...I am having multiple internet drops, sometimes every 4 or 5 minutes and the only way to re-connect is to disconnect and then re-connect the BT Openreach modem from/to the mains. This is driving me nuts as it sometimes requires up to 8 to 10 re-connects per hour. Anyone else having this problem?
7 REPLIES 7
Cerberos
Rising Star

Re: Multiple Internet Drop Outs. Only Unplug/Replug BT Openreach Modem Reconnects

Yes amongst other problems. So far 3 disconnects today/ All the green lights are lit on the modem but no internet. The router has no IP address or DNS and reports "PPPoE error, no response from server side",
I am on the Holmfirth exchange.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Multiple Internet Drop Outs. Only Unplug/Replug BT Openreach Modem Reconnects

Hi all, 

@sjb59

Sorry to hear about the issue. I'm glad we've got an engineer visit booked in for you as it sounds like there may be something interfering with the modem or that it may be faulty from what you've told us.

Keep us posted.

Same goes for yourself @Cerberos, I can see an engineer is due to visit today.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Cerberos
Rising Star

The engineer has been this morning and as with all intermittent faults - no fault found.

He did however say he was at our neighbors yesterday, who had had no internet since Sunday - it was of course working again when he got there. By co-incidence they are also plusNet customers at number 4 on the same road.

I have attached some graphs of what is happening to my internet connection. They show how the ping times to portal.plus.net vary over the past few days.

I also monitor pings to facebook, google and 8.8.4.4 - all graphs are the same as the PlusNet one

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

I know this may sound silly, do you have street lights turnt off at night by council?

Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
ray_dorset
Grafter

It sounds like you could be another victim of G.INP been switched on ECI cabs

sjb59

Oh well, not great that so many are experiencing similar...but at least I don't feel so alone! Thanks for reply....S 

sjb59

Thanks, this is interesting. My engineer is imminent but I wonder if this issue is a bigger, local area problem. Will be posting on streetlife.co.uk to check in with locals.