cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to plusnet from sky

featherz

Moving to plusnet from sky

So I have got sick of sky and decided to move to plusnet for my increasing widening internet needs. Sky have been really awkward through this whole process, I'm out of contract and I requested my MAC code, but I got told due to being In a SVBN area i really don't need one?. After how awkward they have been in general and the lies they have told me I just wanted to avoid any potential pit falls before they even start. Also due to the long waiting list for a potential engineer is it possible to NOT have my phoneline switched until my Fibre optic is installed rendering me unable to use my internet or at the very least done in close proximity?
6 REPLIES 6
NedLudd
Grafter

Re: Moving to plusnet from sky

Welcome aboard featherz!
Staff don't normally work on the forum at this hour, but rest assured, they will pick this up in the morning.

PS I jumped ship from Sky almost 2 years ago and have never looked back!  Smiley
Geoff,
York.
featherz

Cheers NedLudd that's saved me hanging on here expecting a reply tonight. And that's reassuring, right now I think I would cut my nose off to spite sky, but I have to say I'm impressed by the support on here from looking at other posts even when stuff has gone wrong. It's already beating sky locking me out of my account because they spelt something wrong *breathes deeply*
Cheers again for the welcome NedLudd
NedLudd
Grafter

Stick to posting here if you have a problem - it's usually better than phoning or raising a ticket!
I even ditched the Sky box and bought a Humax one for Freesat.
Geoff,
York.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi featherz, welcome to Plusnet and the community forums!
Don't worry about obtaining a MAC, as you're moving from an LLU provider we don't need one to be able to switch your service.
What should happen is that we place the order to move your phone line to us and then your broadband will switch over afterwards. Even if your phone line switches over first, Sky shouldn't cut your broadband off straight away as they should allow the opportunity for us to migrate this over to us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
featherz

Thanks for the feedback Chris it's appreciated and puts my mind at ease. One thing though, Plusnet took money off me in advance for this month, and my direct debits are going to start going, that I presume was on the theory my line would switch over In November, but I have got an email saying the phone line won't be switched till December now, so now I'm paying two companies In November and for a service I'm yet to receive?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Although we've taken the first month already, we won't take the second month's payment until your service has been active with us for a month.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.