cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to plusnet :D

MrTec14

Moving to plusnet :D

Hi All,
i;m new to plusnet community forum. I am currently on the BT Infinity 1 option, i signed up last weekend and scheduled my service to transfer to plusnet for 15/16th December.
i'm currently having some issues with my BT fibre service, very much like most of the connection issues reported here of late.
my ip profile says 38.75 Mbps connection, i used to get that up until the last month or so, (not sure when it dropped as hadn't done a speed/connection test in a while) but i noticed in the past week; a significant slowing of the line.
It has gone from 38 Mbps to 20Mbps, which then went down to 10Mbps for a day, then back upto 20 before this morning; when it dropped to as low as 1.75 with upstream of 6Mbps, which i found highly amusing. i have reset my router a few times and powered off the openreach modem, i have been tetsing with a wired connection and through wi-fi.
clearly something isn't right for many people and myself.
is moving to plusnet my saving grace in the coming days, i have heard about some issues not being resolved without a line reset, only carried out by engineers, is this something which is done as part of a line transer, i have a funny feeling not much  will change, i guess i may then have to raise a ticket once the service with plusnet goes live,

any help / advice would be appreciated
Kind regards
James Miller.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moving to plusnet :D

Hi James and glad to hear you're moving your service over to us!
The process of moving over isn't likely to make any change to any issues to the connection.
I'd advise seeing how things go and if there's no change within the first week of service with us report a fault using our online troubleshooter: http://faults.plus.net then pop a reply to this post and either myself or one of my colleagues will happily take a look at that for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MrTec14

Re: Moving to plusnet :D

Hi Adam,
i've just raised a ticket in response to the above issue as you specified.
the Question ID #96843834
if you could follow it up, that would be ideal.

kind regards
James m