cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a house that already has fttc

Jonicus

Moving to a house that already has fttc

Hi all,
I have just moved house and wanted to transfer my FTTC package along with me.
After moving in to my new property, I noticed the previous tenants must have had a FTTC package already. (A faceplate is already fitted (MK2) and an openreach modem left behind) I have plugged this in out of interest and it does seem to sync (dsl light steady green). My router fails authentication though (wasn't expecting it to work before the new activation date).
Plusnet booked an engineer visit as part of the moving process, but I just wanted to check an engineer visit is actually required if the equipment is already here?
Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
Many thanks,
Jon
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Moving to a house that already has fttc

I've checked the order and the appointment has been cancelled due to there being fibre available as you've already stated.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonicus

Thanks for the quick response Matthew,
So does this mean it should be working already then? or do I still have to wait until the 19th when the engineer visit was originally booked in?
Many thanks,
Jon
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The activation date will still be the same, there just won't be an engineer required now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Jonicus

Perfect, thanks for confirming Chris.
Jon