Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to ADSL or EO address while in fibre contract term

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Moving to ADSL or EO address while in fibre contract term

Moving to ADSL or EO address while in fibre contract term, how is that dealt with by Plusnet?

My interest has arisen, because I am considering upgrading, but could in the not too distant future have to downsize to a flat. In my town much of such accommodation is connected to EO lines. 

No one wants to enter a contract, if part way the service becomes unavailable, but still charged for.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Moving to ADSL or EO address while in fibre contract term

As many EO lines are now connected to fibre cabinets isn't it case of researching whether fibre is available to addresses in the area to which you may move using this http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Address?AEA=Y or equivalent?

Edit

Reading your post again I see that it doesn't answer your question. It also begs the question of what the situation is if you were to move to an address where there was fibre enabled but no spare channels. I shall be interested to read Plusnet 's response.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Luzern
Hero

We still have 6 groups of EO lines with no forecast of any update. Elsewhere  infill cabinets have been provided, but for discrete locations well apart from each other.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

We'd be happy to waive all contract fees on a existing contract if you re-contract on a product we can provide at your new address. When/if you need to go ahead I'd recommend calling House Moves on 0800 013 2632.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Luzern
Hero

@Gandalf Thanks for the reassurance.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet