Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving out to a house that has no BT Line

FIXED
adilcanm
Dabbler

Moving out to a house that has no BT Line

Hello,

I will be moving to a flat that has no BT Line. In this case, I want to know what my options are. Can I get PlusNet to set BT line to my flat? If they can't do it, what is going to happen?

9 REPLIES 9
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Moving out to a house that has no BT Line

What results do you get when you put the address into the DSL Checker?

Providing service is available at the address the PN ca order it, or transfer your current service. However make sure you give them plenty of notice of your move, a new line can take time to get installed.

adilcanm
Dabbler

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, but I don't have any of these info. I only have postcode and when I search by using postcode this is the table it shows. What does that mean? (I attached the screenshot) 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I guess you know the address of the new place. Use the Address checker option at the bottom of the link that Mustrum gave. Just enter your postcode and select the address from the dropdown list.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

We should be able to install a new line for you.

However, if you can PM me your new address I'll be happy to look into this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for your address. Preliminary checks indicate we should be able to install a new line for you.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our House Moves team on 0800 013 2632 and they'll be happy to arrange this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

It shows that only an ADSL service is available with speeds of "up to 15"

While it won't help in the short term you could try the post code in the following web page to see if there are any plans to upgrade your location to fibre.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/index.do

Brian

adilcanm
Dabbler

According to the website you linked, my flat has superfast already🤔 I was concerned when I saw 15mbit max. Hopefully this isnt the case. I have 100mbps internet and I dont want it to go to waste
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From putting your full address that you've PM'ed me into the DSL Checker it does look like fibre broadband is available, though it won't be anything near 100mbps I'm afraid. It should be between 69-80mbps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@adilcanm wrote:
According to the website you linked, my flat has superfast already🤔 I was concerned when I saw 15mbit max. Hopefully this isnt the case. I have 100mbps internet and I dont want it to go to waste

You don't have 100mbs internet at the moment - the fastest it can be is 80mbs if you are already on Fibre.

What you are seeing is the speed of your connection to the router (the speed you would get transferring data between two PCs both connected to the router). The connection from the router to the exchange and internet will be slower.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)