cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house nightmare

Richie81
Dabbler

Moving house nightmare

Well as the title suggests I have had a nightmare moving house with Plusnet and I feel very let down by the whole process. I’ve been a customer for 8 years and I have always told everyone that Plusnet’s service is second to none.

I informed Plusnet over two weeks ago that I would be moving on 18/06/20. I was told that broadband would be activated on 20/06/20 because it needed 10 working days. Totally fine with this I know that it needs activating and there are lead in times for orders etc...

During that period I received no updates or messages to keep me informed of the move. Today I phoned to check all was ok with the activation to be told that nothing had been ordered and nothing had happened with the line. On 18/06/20 a cease was put on the line by the previous occupants (to be fair if someone was leaving wouldn’t they always do this?). Again apparently this should have been picked up on the 18th but nothing happened.
This morning I spoke to an agent who told me that they would raise an order and get it sorted. I also explained that I was a teacher and it was very important that the broadband was enabled as soon as possible because I am teaching remote lessons. I was asked to send through proof that i was a teacher which I did straight away.
Having gone through the whole day having received no updates I phoned again at 4pm. It was fortunate that I did because the person I spoke to in the morning had still not put any orders in at all. It really is a shambles. The poor lad on the phone was very apologetic and was trying to do his best to sort it out. He was very helpful. It looks like my order has finally gone in for activation.

I have asked if this order can be expedited due to so many problems with the ordering process and the fact that I have 33 children depending on my Zoom lessons that I’ve been unable to host since Thursday. Can anyone on here speed up this order?

I’ve now had to pay for unlimited data on my mobile contact so I’m out of pocket.

I’ve been extremely patient and understanding but I am thoroughly disappointed and I will be raising a complaint (and I’m not the sort to write complaint letters).
13 REPLIES 13
Richie81
Dabbler

Re: Moving house nightmare

I’ve just received an email stating that my phone line will be activated on ....

Yes that’s right no date!
TR

I am in exactly the same situation! called through my house move on 1st June, told I would be up and running on 19th/moving in day, emails to confirm this. Then nothing. Previous occupier has done the same with BTOR and again, nothing from Plusnet. Numerous calls over past few days, meant to have an engineer out tomorrow, will see what happens. And, like yourself, a teacher so working from home. Very little mobile reception so that's not an option. If mine's not sorted by Friday I'll be considering cancelling my contract and not paying the fees (which I will be be entitled to). Good luck with yours - keep us posted.

Richie81
Dabbler

I really sympathise. It has been a bit of a fiasco.
The lad I’ve spoken to the last two times seems to have sorted it out and I’ve got an install date on Monday now. Let’s hope this goes ahead.
I don’t like playing the keyworker card but I do have 33 children who depend on me.
I will definitely be complaining about this because I’ve also spent numerous minutes/hours on hold too.
I’ve also thought about cancelling. If it isn’t sorted by Monday, I will certainly have to consider my options.
Richie81
Dabbler

I should add, as a teacher and a keyworker, I’m sure this could have been escalated and resolved in the space of a few days rather than a week!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Richie81 and sorry for the delay in us picking this up for you and for the delays in getting your services moved over to the new address.

I've taken ownership of dealing with this for you and have just submitted an expedite request.

I should have an update about that tomorrow so I'll be in touch then and I'll continue to keep you update along the way. 

I'll also make sure I follow things up with you once resolved and make sure you're credited for the downtime along with a good will gesture. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Richie81
Dabbler

Thanks Adam, I would really appreciate that and it would go some way in restoring my faith and confidence in Plusnet. I’m eating up data with the daily Zoom lessons at the moment.

Thank you again for your reply,

Richard
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem at all, 

I'll make sure we factor in a contribution towards your data costs as part of a good will gesture once it's been resolved. 

I'll get back to you as soon as I can with an update tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've had a response to the expedite and I'm glad to say it's due to go through tomorrow so I'll check in with you when I see that the services have gone live. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Richie81
Dabbler

Thanks Adam I really appreciate it (I’m not sure if that was you trying to ring me 10 minutes ago too but I was on a Zoom)

It would be great if it was hooked up tomorrow 👍

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Rich
TR

So glad you're getting results Smiley I'm getting nowhere, and have now missed a week of work, with 10 classes and a tutor group missing out Sad Trying to remain optimistic....

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Richie81, No problem, I'll be in touch once I've seen that everything has gone live, yes it was me trying to call, no worries!

@TR I'm really sorry to see this, I can see that colleagues who have worked on this have escalated the issue we've had getting an expedite order pushed through for you and we should have an update about that tomorrow, any intervention from myself wouldn't move that along any quicker unfortunately but do reply back here tomorrow if things are no further forward and I'll pick it up for you. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Richie81
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

Just wondering if I should have received a message about the install today. I haven’t heard anything.

Thank you,
Richard
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'll keep checking the order today for you and will drop you a reply on here as soon as it's gone through, as it's a manually placed order for a house move there's no automated notifications but I'm keeping an eye on it for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team