cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house midway through contract - fees?

jonmr

Moving house midway through contract - fees?

Hi,

If I sign up for a 12 month broadband contract then move to a new house midway through this contract, can I take the contract with me? Are there any fees incurred in doing this?

Thank you,

jonmr.

1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Moving house midway through contract - fees?

Hi @jonmr, thanks for getting in touch.

If you start a new broadband contract when you move, it's free to move your services to the new property. However, you might need to change to a new broadband package with a new minimum term if you do that.

Alternatively, we can keep you on the same package and minimum term if you pay a one-off charge of £65 to move your services to the new property.

If there isn't a line that we can take over at the new property, there would also be a one-off charge of £49.99 to install a new line. This would be applicable regardless of whether you choose to start a new contract or if you pay the £65 charge.

I'd recommend giving our house moves team a ring 2-3 weeks prior to the move as they will be able to run through the different options for you and you can decide from there. Their contact number is 0800 587 1952 and they are available from 8 am - 8 pm Monday - Friday, 9 am - 7 pm Saturday and 9 am - 6 pm Sunday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team