cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT to Plusnet tomorrow - BT have cut my Fibre off

apc4tr

Moving from BT to Plusnet tomorrow - BT have cut my Fibre off

Is there anything I can do?
I am meant to go live tomorrow, but this morning there is no connection, and phoning BT confirm that they had the date down as today, so they've cut me off! I've changed the username and password on my BT Hub, but to no avail - Nothing from plusnet... Tried phoning, but provisioning don't start until 9, so I am in an internet-less world...
Any advice from anyone?
3 REPLIES 3
apc4tr

Re: Moving from BT to Plusnet tomorrow - BT have cut my Fibre off

And a quick phone call to PlusNet, all resolved, and transferred over early... Poor from BT, excellent from Plus Net... Smiley
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Glad it's all sorted for you and welcome to PN:)
Quote from: apc4tr
I am meant to go live tomorrow,

Is this based on an email from Plusnet that says something along the lines of "Your connection is due to be live by midnight on the 10th Feb"?  This actually means the 9th as they count midnight as being just before 00:01 on the 10th.
Many have pointed out the ambiguity of this but it hasn't been changed!
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

On the basis that midnight is 00:00 and not (the non-existent) 24:00, then it is the start of the day Shocked
Confusion is the use of 12AM and 12PM - 12:00 is neither AM nor PM by definition - though 12AM could be used for 00:00  Roll_eyes  Crazy
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.