cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to network now capped upload

mac1
Dabbler

Moved to network now capped upload

Have been moved to the new network a couple a days ago and my rock solid 38/18mb connection is now 37/1.8mb.

So it's looking that my 40/20mb package is now 40/2mb as BT speedtester is saying my IP profile is 2mb up.Can my IP profile be reset or will it come back own it's own ?

19 REPLIES 19
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Moved to network now capped upload

Sounds similar to this https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/fibre-user-with-reduced-up-load-dropped-to-2mb/m-p/134...

Unless you've recontracted recently you should have stayed on 40/20. Hopefully one of the PN Help team will sort it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mac1
Dabbler

Thanks Mister W sounds very similar have been in contract since before the change to 40/2 on 26th June last year so no change in speed ,Hopefully someone from PN will have a look at it.

mac1
Dabbler

So it seems according to PN I was put on the wrong profile and now this has been corrected in there favour.But as I remember that 40/2 came in on the 26th June a whole 19 days after my order was complete go figure.

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Looks like the 40/2 product started for new orders from 17/06/15
See the post by Plusnets MattyC, date as above:
"New customers starting from today, and customers upgrading to fibre from an older product. "
Also, same date:
" So if the order has already been in pending since yesterday or earlier, you'll get 40/20. Any other regrades/downgrades are 40/2. "

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/38Mbps-product-now-only-2Mbps-upstream-maximum/td-p/12...

Hope that date work in your favour.

gavininwales
Grafter

I've got a similar problem, i reported a speed fault as my upload speed went from a very stable 8 Mbps to 1.4 Mbps.  When i looked at BTW Performance Test results, my upload profile is now 2 Mbps!!!  My download speed hasn't changed and i haven't recently re-contracted, so i am baffled as to why my profile has been changed???

Look at Question #122928443 support team, you will see my upload profile was set to 20 Mbps (download was 52 Mbps) at 31 March the last time i had a fault.  I know i was supposed to be moved to a new service as there was a capacity issue in the exchange all i can assume i have been reset incorrectly to 38/2?

mac1
Dabbler

Latest twist got a text from PN this afternoon Your broadband order has successfully completed.

So looks like they have a very slow text system a year to get to me.Looking at the post 40/2 came in on the 17th should still be OK my order was completed on the 7th june. Still waiting for a sensible answer to my question all I'm getting is the stock email that I was on the wrong product and if I want more should upgrade to 80/20 even if someone said I didn't sign up on that date at least I would have a point to start arguing from.

gavininwales
Grafter

When I ordered my fibre upgrade 17/07/2015, Question #107633821 was posted onto my account saying :-

4:52pm, Friday 17 Jul 2015

Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Pending Provisioned Service \'WBC FTTC Annex A 20Mbit/s Up, 40Mbit/s Down, Standard Stability\' added as a part of Account Change process

This is what i signed up to in the "cooling off period" of my upgrade, how can you as part of the "cleaning up" process of moving me to a new network move me to a 2Mbit/s Up, 40Mbit/s Down service?  Surely this is mis-selling of a product, if it is a mistake on your part, you have to honour the 40/20 for the rest of my contractHuh

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@mac1 I've provided you an update via the ticket on your account. You did sign up for the service prior to when we stopped advertising 40/20 so I'm getting this corrected for you.

@gavininwales -

gavininwales wrote:
When I ordered my fibre upgrade 17/07/2015, Question #107633821 was posted onto my account saying :-

4:52pm, Friday 17 Jul 2015

Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Pending Provisioned Service \'WBC FTTC Annex A 20Mbit/s Up, 40Mbit/s Down, Standard Stability\' added as a part of Account Change process

We stopped advertising 40/20 in June 2015. So before I give you an answer, I'll have to wait on confirmation from a colleague on the date it stopped being offered to existing customers on upgrades.

In regards to the ticket, after we stopped selling 40/20 fibre in favour of 40/2, some accounts were provisioned on 40/20 in error, despite signing up for a 40/2 product. The ticket you've referenced is simply an automated internal ticket that advises what product has been provisioned by automation and is not a contractual agreement.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
gavininwales
Grafter

I may need to take legal advice on this then all of this information was provided to me at sign up and despite your assertion that it's "not contractual" it forms part of my understanding of what I am agreeing to as part of the 14 day cooling off period which is a statutory requirement under the distance selling rules.  If less than a year later you renege on that agreement which forms part of the package that I believed I was signing up to in July 2015, it falls under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 three statutory rights are given to the consumer :-

• The seller owns the goods and can sell them.
  • The goods are of satisfactory quality.
  • The goods are ‘as described’.

Therefore, I signed up in "Good Faith" in July 2015 to the unlimited fibre package believing (because you had sent me confirmation of what had been ordered) that I was to receive a 40/20 package. I cannot see how the goods (or services) are  "as described" anymore because you have now "downgraded" me to a 40/2 service.  The only logical courses of action I can see is for you is  to reinstate my 40/20 service or cancel (without penalty) the services you currently provide me for breaking the contract.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Although there is an internal automated note on the account advising for our records what we were ordering in from a wholesale point of view, I can't see that we confirmed 20Mbps upload speed with yourself.

Further to this, it appears you also re-contracted on 08/10/15, which would have overridden the contract you were previously on regardless.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
gavininwales
Grafter

Hang on a minute, I had NO OPTION but to sign up to a 2 year contract in October because I had taken out Plusnet TV, it's part of the t&cs. At no point was I told or informed that by doing so my broadband services would be moved to a lower 'inferior' service as a result. Again the sale of goods act applies here, the product isn't as described. When you lost Fox TV I was given incentives to stay because you had altered the contract. I still assert that you confirmed in writing that I would receive a 40/20 service, no where in the literature I have been given does it say that I would receive a 40/2 service for my money.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@gavininwales wrote:
no where in the literature I have been given does it say that I would receive a 40/2 service for my money.

No where in the literature we have provided does it say that we would provide 20Mbps upload. Although I do appreciate in our internal notes for the provisioned product it stays 40/20 this is not the product we were advertising at the time when you took out the contract in July.

As per my previous post, due to this, I'll have to wait on confirmation from a colleague on the date it stopped being offered to existing customers on upgrades to give you a definitive answer on whether I'll be able to put you back on up to 20Mbps upload.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

The problem, at least as I see it, is that nowhere in the literature provided does it say that there would be a 2mbps upload limit applied. Furthermore, the expectation from a customer perspective is that renewing a contract would not result in a downgrade. The fact that so many customers appear to be affected by this suggests that this change was not mentioned during re-contracting or in any subsequent documentation, which at best could be described as an omission but which more likely appears to be deliberate, and very underhand. The fact that the 'error' correction was undertaken without any notification to customers only serves to support the latter view.

Let's hope we don't have to wait too long for confirmation of the cut-off date, so that as affected customers we can decide how to proceed.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
gavininwales
Grafter

I have now logged a complaint and will follow the complaints procedure all the way to ofcom if necessary!

*** Beware those thinking of going for PlusNet TV on a 40/20 product, they will look to save themselves money and downgrade your broadband without telling you.  ***