cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to a New build estate with no Fibre

Fibreous1

Moved to a New build estate with no Fibre

HI,

We recently moved to a brand new house on a new build estate. We have internet ADSL currently reaching a max DS of 0.93MB/s and US of 0.50mMD/s max.

I have contacted Plusnet to have my line added to the fibre 'waiting list'.

I have checked the Openreach line checker (https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx) and it does state :

Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now.

This means you may not be able to order fibre today but we're working to increase capacity. Please check back for                 update. Exchange name: Pontefract
               Exchange status: Fibre enabled
              Cabinet number: 56
             Technology: FTTC

If the cabinet near you is ‘Accepting orders’, the next step is to refer to the line checker on your service

provider’s website.

Based on the instruction can I have my line checked to confirm fibre availability and be added to the waiting list such that when fibre capacity is increased I can be upgraded ASAP?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Moved to a New build estate with no Fibre

I see what you mean. Sky do this when they install communal dishes on properties.

It requries enough people to complain to them, to ask for the service. Then if there is sufficient demand and enough money for them in it, something will be done.

Hopefully PlusNet can raise it.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

As far as I'm aware there is no "waiting list" as such - you simply need to keep checking to see what the status is.

PlusNet might be able to confirm that no orders are being taken at the moment but are unlike to know much more.

Brian

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm afraid we don't utilise the waiters list, the best bet is to check http://dslchecker.bt.com/ and when it shows available, get in touch for us to place an order. -Chris

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.