cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to PN from BT. Same setup, same plan, worse service?

Wol377

Moved to PN from BT. Same setup, same plan, worse service?

I've been with BT for two years and decided to change after a £80 bill for last month (phone / broadband). I kept the BT router, haven't changed a thing and and had a really bad experience with PN so far.

• I can expect 30 second drop outs every 20 mins. The router remains connected, but there's no data getting through during the drop out.
  • With BT (up to 76Mbps) I was getting speeds around 35-40Mbps with Plus net (up to 76Mbps) I'm getting around 25Mbps.

I have built my home around a stable internet connection and am gutted that I have these drop outs and my speed has fallen. Cant even watch Netflix without a break of service in between.

I made a mistake switching.

2 REPLIES 2
Wol377

Re: Moved to PN from BT. Same setup, same plan, worse service?

Also... trying to get support is a joke. 30 min to get through on the phone or number 27 on the online queue.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Moved to PN from BT. Same setup, same plan, worse service?

Welcome to the Forum.

Is this your wifi dropping or are you seeing the problem on a wired connection? I forget the practice at BT but Plusnet will only treat it as a fault in the latter case.

Plusnet staff are sometimes a bit thin on the ground in the Forum at weekends so it is probably worthwhile using the online system https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults to report your problem as a fault if you are seeing it on a wired connection. That has the advantage of getting you into the queue for action by the faults team if you don't/can't make contact in other ways that get the issue resolved.