cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, internet light is red

Frazlea
Hooked

Moved house, internet light is red

Moved house on 15th, and my internet was connected by engineer on Friday. Since then I’ve had a red light on the internet light. I have tried all the options online. Reset, on and off, re connected wires. I think I need a new router as it’s fairly old. Please help! Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Moved house, internet light is red

Hi @Frazlea ,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Community Forums.

Having checked the line it appears that some of the automated settings within the router have failed to update properly.

Please follow the below:

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254

2) When you connect, you will see an option listed as 'Broadband Username' followed by an option to the right labeled 'Change' which you will need to click on.

3) You will now be prompted for a 'Router Password' which is listed both on the back of the router and on the card that came with the router.

4) You will now be asked to input your username and password from ourselves, if it does not allow you to change your username and password, please press 'Disconnect' first. Your username is username@plusdsl.net and your account password is the same as what you would use to log into the members center. Input both of these and press 'Connect' and you should now be online.

Please let us know if the above doesn't help, and we'll be able to investigate further. -Owen

Frazlea
Hooked

I have already tried this and again just now and it is still not connecting. Could I reset passwords?!
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Frazlea,

Thanks for getting back to us and we are sorry to hear that manually authenticating the router has not got you back online.

I have investigated this further for you and replied here via the account. I will get back to you when I have a further update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Frazlea
Hooked

Hi this is still not fixed!! I was told it wa on hold until Monday 5th but nothing else has been done. I need this fixed ASAP. It has been two weeks and still no internet! I can’t get through to someone when I call and never an online chat available. I am paying for a service that I’m not receiving and no one is helping, frustrated! Please contact me to fix. I need my passwords reset that links the router. that’s all!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Frazlea, do you have an Openreach Modem for your router to connect through?

Looking at your account it doesn't look like you're using a hub one, so you'd still need a separate modem to connect to fibre. Testing the connection is showing that you're trying to authenticate on TR069@plusdsl.net but this should be your username@plusdsl.net, however I understand you've said you've already tried manually authenticating and entering the details in your router manually, can you advise what you currently have set for the broadband username in your router please.

You should be able to get a password reset link emailed to you by entering your username or contact email address from the account over at http://plus.net/forgotpassword/

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Frazlea
Hooked

Did all that, changed password etc and still doesn’t connect. My username is same as on here. Frazlea.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Frazlea ,

Thanks for your post.

I can see from the account notes that you've spoken with an adviser this morning who has apprised you of the situation regards your ongoing issue.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance whilst we try and get your issue resolved.

Frazlea
Hooked

Has this been fixed yet?
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Frazlea,

Thanks for your post and continued patience with regards this issue.

As things stand, we've identified the issue with our systems and are working on getting it fixed so that we can get your services up and running.

I'm afraid that we're not able to update you beyond that.

We're sincerely sorry for this issue.

Frazlea
Hooked

Still not fixed!! Can you tell me the problem if you have identified? And why isn’t it fixed yet if you know what’s wrong? This is taking too long and beeen without internet now for 3 weeks since moving! It’s ridiculous! No one has explained why and when I called basically told they don’t know when will be fixed and nothing can be done? Not impressed Plusnet!
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello Frazlea,

thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry for the time it has taken to resolve the issue, we have performed a temporary fix and I have provided more information here.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team