Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house - definitely not done me proud

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Moved house - definitely not done me proud

Whilst your frustration is very understandable this is a BTOR problem. Switching to a different ISP is not going to make this problem go away - it is connected with the phone line over which service provision is being attempted - all ISPs are going to face the same issue, unless you have access to a different net work - such as Virgin Media.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

superkat1111
Hooked

Virgin Media is certainly an option, all my neighbours have been online for weeks with VM. I didn't particularly want to go back to them but as I work from home it has become an major issue.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@superkat1111 wrote:

and then it will be the 9th... then the 11th...  really!?!!?

Sorry guys I have had enough now, give me a go live date before the end of today or forever lose me as a customer.

@superkat1111 there's nothing we'd like more than to be able to give you this, but unfortunately it's not going to be possible.

I'm sorry that it's taken so long and I do understand why you'd be frustrated. We are doing all that we can to get you connected.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
superkat1111
Hooked

Just as I thought... next update now on the 10th. Again, no detail whatsoever as to what the hold up is, no end date in sight. Lack of information is probably the most frustrating thing here.

Virgin Media at least can give me an approximate date.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've just contacted our suppliers and the order is still stuck in their systems.

The agent I spoke to has agreed to take ownership of this and assures me that the exception on the order should be cleared within the next 4 hours and it should then progress as normal.

I wish could have reported back with even an approximate date that it should complete. Unfortunately, we've not been given one so advising a date wouldn't be honest or setting your expectations correctly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
superkat1111
Hooked

The saga continues...

Openreach finally cleared the exception by cancelling the order. A new order was created and I now have a working phone (which I already had) and a brand new number!!!!

I now have to wait a further 48 hours to get my phone renumbered back to the original and once done that is done fibre can finally be ordered.

The only thing keeping me pursuing this disaster or titanic proportions here is the contract exit fees. However, I've spent more on 4G broadband while waiting "another 2 days"

Note. to anyone who gets told another 2 days by Plusnet - don't believe it and run!!!

Complaint submitted to CISAS

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I am very sorry to hear that. I can see we've simply been passing information on from our suppliers. I appreciate your frustration entirely but we've been doing everything possible to resolve this.

We'll renumber your line as soon as we can. Once that's done, we'll place your fibre order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Its good that you have submitted a complaint - it might just possibly get BTOR brought to account for their terrible service here.  It is deplorable that in circumstance such as this that BTOR only fix the micro-issue in front of them (on a 2 day turn-a-round) rather than taking the whole requirement and pipe-cleaning it through to resolution.  Calling them "shambolic" would be comparatively speaking be praising them.

Given the circumstances the only way any ISP (other than Virgin Media) might have short circuited this issue would have been to install a brand new line ... which would have avoided the dirty data records.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.