cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house - definitely not done me proud

superkat1111
Hooked

Moved house - definitely not done me proud

We Moved to a new build 5 weeks ago and was advised the day after we moved that internet would be activated. They hadn't actually completed the cabling. Phone was finally activated a few days ago, but still unable for get an engineer to install internet, some rubbish about flows and bridge calls so cannot make an appointment yet, however the people who just moved in over the road had their internet connected, and activated, yesterday.

I have had 5 weeks of terrible communication from Plusnet, given excuse after excuse and never any real information provided, let alone a date.

Why do I feel like you're fobbing me off all the time? Apparently if I had gone with another ISP I would be connected by now!!!

22 REPLIES 22
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Moved house - definitely not done me proud

Sorry to hear about the delays you've had.

From looking at your account the order is with our suppliers new-sites team as there is no cabling connecting your property to the exchange.

As soon as we have a update we'll let you know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Phone was finally activated a few days ago,

as there is no cabling connecting your property to the exchange.

Well, both of those can't be right!Huh

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I suspect PlusNet's suppliers data is not up to date as often appears to be the case.Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how the phone service can be working as the order is still with the new-sites team. We tried to contact our suppliers yesterday but unfortunately the team don't work weekends.

Our provisioning team will pick this up next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@Gandalf,

When the facts do not fit logic, then the answer must be that you are seeing an illogical condition.

• The OP affirms that their phone line is working.
  • The BT information being provided to you / provisions is that the order is still on hold with BT's New-Sites team.
  • Ergo BT is (once again) supplying ISPs with incorrect / duff / unhelpful / out of date information which makes the PlusNet guys reporting back to their EUs look silly

One day PN will get tough with BT and report their poor performance to Ofcom ...in the meantime no doubt the provisioning team will get this sorted quickly! Cool_smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry about the delay in my response. I've contacted Openreach today and they've advised me that the work has completed, but the order is simply stuck in their systems. This should be rectified by the close of day tomorrow.

From then, the order should progress as normal and complete shortly after.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
superkat1111
Hooked

So after 2 months since initial contact, and nearly 6 weeks after I was told I would be connected, it is now "stuck" in the system and will be another 2 days before it can progress!

This is simply not good enough! if a customer had been waiting this long in any other business, they would do everything they can to resolve it, and if not then revert to manual processes to get it completed.

You're now making Virgin Media Customer Support look good.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, I'm really disappointed to see that there's been a further delay.

Hopefully the system issue should be cleared by the end of tomorrow which is why we've been advised to chase for updates on Wednesday.

I've set a reminder so we can at least be proactive about that for you.

Sorry for the further disappointment and thanks a lot for your patience

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Is there a DSO escalation on this case please?

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Townman

It's not always possible for us to escalate everything in that manner, in fact there are quite a lot of things that need to happen before we are able, we are currently doing all we can to get this resolved in as timely a manner as possible and will update the thread tomorrow when we hear from our suppliers.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
superkat1111
Hooked

we are currently doing all we can to get this resolved in as timely a manner as possible and will update the thread tomorrow when we hear from our suppliers.

Well tomorrow has been and gone... as has half of Wednesday. Tried to call but got disturbed by work after waiting 20 mins on the phone. 

<sarcasm> Customer support at it's finest </sarcasm>

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, sadly as I know from personal experience BTOR often fail to fulfil the promises they give to their customers ... even after escalation to their CEO. Frankly they are shambolic.

I guess there's no PN update because they have no new news.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry for the delayed update.

Our suppliers have advised the exception is still open and we're due a further update on the 7th.

The order has started progressing through yesterday so I'm hoping it's complete by then but due to the nature of the issue I can't make any promises.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
superkat1111
Hooked

and then it will be the 9th... then the 11th...  really!?!!?

Sorry guys I have had enough now, give me a go live date before the end of today or forever lose me as a customer.