cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house - Bad speeds, new fibre socket not installed.

FIXED
szymonj99
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Moved house - Bad speeds, new fibre socket not installed.

Hi. Long story short-- I have recently moved house. Ordered broadband on wrong address, had to wait even longer to get broadband at new place. Now, I recently got everything sorted- or so I thought. Customer service won't reply to my question for a week about sending an engineer down to install the new fibre socket. I am stuck with the old ADSL main socket and terrible speeds. What could be done about this? You would think an engineer visit was booked automatically. Basically, I am paying for this super fast fibre broadband, but I am throttled by this adsl socket which should have been replaced on day one, I think. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Moved house - Bad speeds, new fibre socket not installed.

Fix

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the poor experience you've had.

Unfortunately, fibre orders are self-install with our suppliers. This means that the required work is just completed at the cabinet. By arranging an engineer to replace your phone socket will likely incur a heavy call out charge for both you and us.

If you're having speed problems in the test socket as explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 I'd recommend raising a fault to us here: http://faults.plus.net

Having said that, I've tested your line and I can see your connection is currently performing as expected, within the estimates of your line.

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 70.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 70.1 20 20

And your connection from the exchange to your router is stable...

What problems are you having?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
szymonj99
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi, thank you for the response. I want to deeply apologise for the inconvenience caused. It looks like my supposedly "excellent" wifi adapter was not that excellent at all. I did manage to connect a device through ethernet, and the speeds seem perfect, just like you said. Time to figure out how to route a cable through the entire house ; P Once again, thank you and a huge apology coming from me.

dannyboy75
Rising Star

Have you thought about using powerline plugs (aka homeplugs)? Much better than wifi, and easier than cabling your house.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems at all, if my post answered your question, please click the fix button Smiley

@dannyboy75 wrote:
Have you thought about using powerline plugs (aka homeplugs)? Much better than wifi, and easier than cabling your house.

I second this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet