Did you mean: 

Moved home - low speeds

FIXED
Rhyn
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Moved home - low speeds

Hello,

I moved home a few days ago and I am having problems with my speeds.

My contact is for 

Unlimited Fibre Extra

51Mb - 67Mb download speed (estimated)
12Mb - 18Mb upload speed (estimated)

However, I am getting, two different speed checking sites, both in UK

36Mb download - best

1.75Mb upload - best

I have gone through the fault checker, no apparent change.

What next, please?

14 REPLIES 14
bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Moved home - low speeds

If you haven't already, do the test on http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and, when the test has run, click on "Further Diagnostics". This will deposit your results on a BT server, where PlusNet people can see them, and it will also tell you what you IP Profile has been set to. From the looks of your numbers I'd guess that you have been put onto the 40/2 package by mistake.

Rhyn
Dabbler

Hello, I have run the Further Diagnostics at the address gien. It seems clear that I am on the wrong settings.

Will a Plusnet person be able to fix them from this post?

Thanks.

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

Will a Plusnet person be able to fix them from this post?

Someone will probably notice your post, but if there is no response by tonight it may be worth putting in a fault report anyway using https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

Alternatively, if you have the patience you could use the Chat system and communicate directly with a human (possibly after a long wait to get through) who can probably do something suitable straight away; although if it's BT who have entered the wrong settings in the green cabinet all they can do is raise it with BT to get it fixed.

If you have a twitter account, you could post a tweet to @plusnethelp but that's a bit public.

Good luck Smiley

Rhyn
Dabbler

Thanks. I will take your advice and post back when I have a solution.

The chat systems is nearly as bad as the telephone - where has the Plusnet I signed up to gone?

Rhyn
Dabbler

From Plusnet: Your Response
1:48pm, Saturday 15 Oct 2016
Broadband Troubleshooter started

Now you've confirmed your contact details and telephone number your broadband is supplied on, we need to ask you some questions about your problem.

We'll save your answers for 14 days, so you can come back if you don't have time to answer everything now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:56pm, Saturday 15 Oct 2016
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:57pm, Saturday 15 Oct 2016
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.

1:57pm, Saturday 15 Oct 2016
We are currently performing tests on your broadband service which will allow us to investigate the problem you've reported.

Please be aware if this is a new fault that this can take up to 24 hours.

We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.

From Me: Your Response
4:52pm, Saturday 15 Oct 2016
This isn't a fault. You have put me on the wrong service level.

Now a five day gap.

From Plusnet: Anonymised by me - CSC Analyst
9:20am, Thursday 20 Oct 2016
**INTERNAL**

Testing. Results to follow shortly.

From Plusnet: Anonymised by me - CSC Analyst
9:24am, Thursday 20 Oct 2016
***INTERNAL***

Modify placed from 40/2 to 80/20.

Due to complete midnight on 21st.

Kind regards,

From Plusnet: Anonymised by me - CSC Analyst
9:28am, Thursday 20 Oct 2016
Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry that you were provisioned on the incorrect package speeds, i have now placed an order to have this rectified, this will complete no later than midnight on 21st October, as such please reboot your router on the 22nd to receive the correct improved speeds.

If you are happy this issue has been resolved after the 22nd, you can click here to close this ticket.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Restarted router as suggested, no change.

From Me: Your Response
1:48am, Saturday 22 Oct 2016
I arranged a transfer of my account/line on the 7th of this month. You or your agents put me onto the wrong settings.

Your customer service response times are now far too long to be reasonable.

You eventually assured me that this matter would be sorted out "no later than midnight on 21st October".

The service is unchanged.

PlusNet is responsible for providing the contacted service, Do you intend to provide this service or not? If you can not or will not, please let me know so that I can make other arrangements.

Tried again 8 hours later, restarting route, no change.

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

Plan A (Impatient/Rage): Do you have a twitter account? If not, make one and harangue @PlusNetHelp in public until you get it fixed.

Plan B (Calm and Orderly): Make another post mentioning @bobpullen and asking him to sort the situation out for you. He's very helpful.

I'd recommend Plan B Smiley

Rhyn
Dabbler

Thanks. With my problem and the other problems that arise here, I am increasingly of the impression that Plusnet is no longer the ISP that I signed up with. You shouldn't have to wait five days for them to get round to seeing that there is a problem, - one that took them four minutes to confirm,  you shouldn't have to wait for two days for a switch to be flipped, you shouldn't have to wait for 30+ minutes for a telephone reply.

One wonders what they would do if I failed to pay them.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

Like you, I signed up a long time ago, when PlusNet was staffed by technically-savvy people who liked to be helpful and you could have a sensible conversation with if the need arose. That was a successful business model and everybody was happy.

It couldn't last. Roll_eyes

Rhyn
Dabbler

Don't suppose it could last. Expansion leads to dilution. It eventually leads to losing customers. But before they lose them, they'll congratulate themselves and doubtless award themselves performance pay increases.  

Funny how they can moderate forum replies, but not fix problems.

Mav
Fixes: 514

@Rhyn wrote:
Funny how they can moderate forum replies, but not fix problems.

Moderators are customers just like yourself with no access to your account or Plusnet systems.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Rhyn
Dabbler

Sorry, I had no idea.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@bobminors wrote:

Plan B (Calm and Orderly): Make another post mentioning @bobpullen and asking him to sort the situation out for you. He's very helpful.

I'd recommend Plan B Smiley

Bob isn't part of the support team, so it's better to mention one of us Wink

@Rhyn

I'm taking a look at your account now.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

Unfortunately the order didn't go through correctly, I've replaced that and it's due to complete tomorrow, let us know how it goes after that.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Rhyn
Dabbler

Eventually fixed. Thanks, though not impressed by the debacle.