Did you mean: 

Moved from BT, line reset?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Moved from BT, line reset?

Hi @Yorkshirelion 

The graph i posted above shows 7 days worth of connection history including disconnects - i ran tests for any specific reasons for this and nothing was flagged up. Do the disconnects match with any power cycles / resets you have done?  

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Yorkshirelion
Rising Star

Hi,

I’m still unsure what is happening with interleaving, if it’s on or not. I haven’t touched the router since I plugged it in, sometimes it goes for days other times it randomly disconnects. We haven’t had any power cuts and I haven’t restarted or powered it off. 

I would assume it will just work it’s way back down to 60Mbps like it did on BT, I thought interleaving was supposed to be used to stabilise lines, I have seen much worse lines than mine connect at full speed. 

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @Yorkshirelion

If you haven't already, it definitely might be a good idea to connect to your test socket and see how the line performs.

There might be an underlying issue if there's still frequent disconnections.

Yorkshirelion
Rising Star

Hi,

The next time it goes down I will do, it’s funny the upload rate just keeps getter better but the download rate fluctuates all over the place, I normally use a different modem router setup as so I can’t see the stats. I’m trying not to reboot it as I don’t want to lose speed. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Yorkshirelion 

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. I've dug into your query about interleaving and I can see it was enabled in a low mode until 31st July. From the 1st August it switched off.

I'd personally recommend connecting your router into the test socket as soon as you can and monitor things from there. If you continue to experience fluctuating speeds and disconnections, we can rule out any internal wiring affecting this.

I'd then head on over to http://faults.plus.net to report a fault to us, feel free to nudge us over here once you've done this and we'll be happy to pick it up as soon as we can progressing this on to our suppliers for further investigation.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet