Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved House lower package.

gmulford
Dabbler

Re: Moved House lower package.

Hi,

Sorry been away for 10 days I've updated the ticket and the router is back in the test socket. 

Speed seems to have gone down while we've been away 33 down - 0.853 up.

We were told it seemded to be an issue with the DSLAM and there were no free ports to swap it to.

Greg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Greg.

No problem and thanks for getting back to us, are you still free tomorrow for an engineer visit?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gmulford
Dabbler

Yeah still free tomorrow.

Greg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK cool thanks for confirming, I've booked the appointment for then now.

Let us know how it goes once the engineer has been.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gmulford
Dabbler

HI,

Engineer worked on the outside where the wireing comes into the house then left to check cabinet. I don't know if they found anything, still have slow upload speed and router is still in test socket.

Greg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update Greg.

I've checked the engineer notes and they've reported back that the port you're on at the cabinet is faulty and there aren't any working spare ports to move your line to so they've raised what's called a LLUMS case to investigate this further.

I've got in touch with Openreach for a timeframe and I've been advised to check back tomorrow for an update.

We'll update you when we've got more information, but if you notice any developments feel free to let us know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Greg. 

Openreach have advised us that they've cleared the fault at the cabinet, however they're wanting us to book another appointment with yourself to investigate this further.

Could you reply to the ticket or text we've sent with further availability? Drop us another reply over here once you've responded and we'll be happy to get this booked in as soon as we can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gmulford
Dabbler

I've updated the ticket.

Thanks for all the help.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @gmulford

I've just updated the ticket with details of the appointment.

Let us know how you get on after the visit

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gmulford
Dabbler

They seem to have made some changes now getting.

Downstream: 31.35 Mbps
Upstream:

3.136 Mbps

Do you think that is as good as it's going to get?

Greg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Greg, thanks for the update. I can see the engineer carried out what's called a lift and shift at the cabinet moving you to a different port which seems to have tripled your upload speed although it's still below where we'd expect of 5.3mbps with your download speed still above the expectation of 30.1mbps. 

Initially my first instinct is to arrange another engineer, however having discussed this with @MatthewWheeler there may be limited things an engineer may be able to try as it's possible that your line length of around 1000 metres isn't helping, but we'd be happy to including raising an escalation with our suppliers just to make sure we've covered everything.

If you'd like to go ahead with another visit could you add a reply to your fault ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=193153711 with when you'd be free next? 

Feel free to nudge us over here and we'll be happy to pick this back up again.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gmulford
Dabbler

Thanks for working on this, I doubt it will get any faster as you say 1KM line is pretty long. It's the builders fault for not adding an additional cab or going fibre.

It's a shame going from 80/20 to 39/3 for pretty much the same price, I guess there is nothing we can do to discount the price slightly? Cheesy  I saw new customers get it cheaper.

Thanks again for all your help with this.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, thanks for getting back to us Greg.

Yeah it’s disappointing to see there’s not much more we can do to improve your speeds further. Sad

Unfortunately we can’t always match an introductory offer when re-contracting, and it’s even less likely for a house move contract due to the additional cease/activation costs we’ve covered as well as an installation fee if we had to arrange an engineer to connect the line up. 

When you get to the last 3 months of the contract, I’d recommend giving our customer options team a call on 0800 013 2632 and we’ll be happy to see what we can do for you. Renewals go through on the next billing date so that way you’d effectively only be on your current contract for 16 months.

If you decide to go for another engineer visit feel free to let us know and we’d be happy to escalate this to find out definitively if that’s the best your line can do or if anything more can be done. 

Happy to help if there’s anything else you need help with now or in the future. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet