cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Speed Drop!

buseng12
Grafter

More Speed Drop!

I haven't checked my speed for a while, but having done so the other day I have noticed my download speed has dropped by 6-7 meg!
It was around 47-48 meg, now it's only 41!
Is it something to do with this new network rubbish?
First & foremost the modem hasn't resynced since the 12th of November, ie 65 days uptime. So it cant't be a DLM issue.
It is also syncing at 53,999 kbps (almost 54 meg?). So why is my actual speed 12 meg below this?
Have ran the BT second stage test & it shows my ip profile as 42 meg, there is only 2-3 meg between min & max.
As I said it was much higher than this.
How come, using my phone No,  BT can offer a min guaranteed download speed of 54 meg?
Some snapshots.
9 REPLIES 9
Starmans
Grafter

Re: More Speed Drop!

What is PN reporting your IP Profile/Line Speed as?
https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
buseng12
Grafter

The same as BT, 42 Meg profile.
it's the BT profile that has dropped.
Starmans
Grafter

Suggest dropping the PPP session on your router without restarting the OR modem failing that you'll have to restart the modem as well.
buseng12
Grafter

I've reset the router connection several times lately to try & resolve the Lottery website problems (unsucessfully) mentioned elsewhere.
As I said the actual modem has had an unbroken connection for two months, didn't really want to bring the DLM into play.
Starmans
Grafter

A single restart of the OR modem and waiting 30 mins really isn't going to cause DLM to intervene and tbh this is all PN are going to advise as a starting point.
buseng12
Grafter

Slight update on this, suddenly realised that H612 Modem Stats hasn't been actually monitoring the modem since November!
Probably since the new version of Windows 10 was installed.
Now have re-installed it all & now found the modem actually re-synced at 3.50am on Monday morning (11/01) retrain reason 1.
It synced at 44275kbps, 9meg lower than previously (53999kbps)!
Why did this happen? Reckon it's all to do with this new network change & ties up with the Lottery site issues.
Additionally I see G.INP has been turned off, previously it was enabled.
What on earth is going on?
Ever heard of the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: buseng12
Why did this happen? Reckon it's all to do with this new network change & ties up with the Lottery site issues.

No idea why you think this.
The connection from your house to the fibre DSLAM has nothing to do with Plusnet's new network or the National Lottery website.
buseng12
Grafter

Bit coincidental then?
As far as I know I had a rock solid connection for almost 2 months & then all these problems.
The Lottery site issue DEFINITELY started this week.
NRV618
Grafter

No coincidence here buddy, it is all a hidden/untold issue that MUST have been identified by now with so many of us (yep..! there is a good number of us in the same boat) shouting about the same issue. 
Lost 10mbit on my Download speed, and around 4Mbit on my upload and all they have said so far is...
“connection & speed are all performing within expectation”. 
Their expectation surely because it definitely is not mine.  Angry Angry Angry