Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Random Drop Outs

FIXED
thesowdens
Hooked

More Random Drop Outs

For a few months now, I have been getting random signal issues on both wireless and wired connections. The internet connection will either drop completely or the speed will drop to next to nothing.

For example, I was thrown out of the online game I was playing four times in three hours. Three of these occasions my connection was maintained to the internet but the speed had dropped to Kbps, whereas on the fourth it dropped completely.

Can someone from Plusnet help with this, as I have exhausted all the usual troubleshooting avenues? Be great if someone could test the line.

14 REPLIES 14
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: More Random Drop Outs

Hi @thesowdens,

If you've already been through our troubleshooting guides, please could you report the issue over at https://faults.plus.net

If you could drop us a message once you've done this, we'll be able to get that picked up and ensure it's progressing with our suppliers for you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
thesowdens
Hooked

I've just tried. Customer Services shuts at 22:00 and Broadband Troubleshooter is down for Maintenance.

Bang goes my evening online. I think my phone line might be solar powered as it always seems worse after dark ha ha.

thesowdens
Hooked

Update - got through to the Support Team and they have started a fault ticket #190997262. High resistance on the line apparently. Line is plugged into the test socket and it is being monitored for 72 hours.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @thesowdens 

I've updated the same ticket with how we need to proceed with this. 

Could you give it a read and then reply with the information requested? 

Give us a yell on here once you have done this so that we can pick the issue up asap. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

thesowdens
Hooked

I've updated the ticket with the time slots I would like.

Cheers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry about this, I appreciate this should've been asked in the previous ticket reply however we'll need you to accept additional information first before we're able to go ahead with the engineer booking. I've added another reply to your ticket.

If you can nudge us over here once you've added a reply we'll pick this back up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thesowdens
Hooked

I have replied to the ticket thread, however the additional statement I am being asked to accept is blank. I cannot accept anything?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've added a reply to your support ticket now Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thesowdens
Hooked

I’ve replied again. Sorry, I misread your previous email. I replied and accepted the statement. Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem. I've booked the engineer visit for Wednesday 12-06-2019 between 1pm and 6pm.

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thesowdens
Hooked

That’s brilliant, cheers. I will let you know. Thanks for your help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. Fingers crossed it goes well!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thesowdens
Hooked

The Openreach engineer has visited and has replaced the cable from the telephone pole to the house, including all the way to the master socket! Apparently one of the connections at the pole had almost snapped off and the cable from the junction box to the master socket was very old.

Everything is back up and running now - hoping that the connection problems are now a thing of the past!

Thank you for your help with this. The service and response times have both been excellent.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @thesowdens

Thanks for letting us know and Im happy to hear everything is back to normal for you!

If you have any concerns or questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.