Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem router for intermittent connection drops

egeoffreydavies
Grafter

Modem router for intermittent connection drops

Hi there 

I have had a random dropout problem for the last couple of months, but to be fair to Plusnet, they have tried a lot to resolve it.

After all the tests, an engineer came and changed the NT5, I had a new modem from Plusnet and then engineers changed our line to the post and put us on another underground line to the cabinet.

My problem is not as severe as it was, but, I am still seeing drops, mainly at night, when it doesn't matter, but also some in the evening when trying to watch Iplayer. I am beginning to wonder if there are random noises on the line causing the short dropouts.

I'm wondering if any modems are more robust at dealing with this issue.

I have an open question on this and am updating it with the dropout times.

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Modem router for intermittent connection drops

Hi @egeoffreydavies,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. I've had a look into this one and I've responded to the open fault, which you can view and respond to here.

In regards to using a different router or modem, I don't believe that this will help in resolving the issues that you're currently experiencing, especially as the line seems to be stabilizing, but if you have an alternative VDSL router to hand it's always worth a shot.

I hope this helps to clear a few things up, but if you have any further problems make sure to let us know so that we can take a look into them.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team