cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistake to upgrade. Awful service.

peld

Mistake to upgrade. Awful service.

Was a satisfied customer with PN for several years on normal broadband. Saw they were offering new customers free broadband so rang up for an offer.

I was offered upgrade to "Fibre" broadband for £7.49 per month (originally on £9.99 normal broadband). I ordered 31 August.

On 6 Sept, I receive an email that "product change is complete". I test new router and it doesn't work, but guide states "Plusnet test line for 10 days". However, the older router still works and I go on holiday on 7 Sept anyway. I return on 14 Sept. I test new router on return and still no signal. Absolutely no internet since 14 Sept. The customer service waiting time is appalling (1hr +). I have phoned and online chatted with 2 open faults. No sign of resolution. No updates provided for days. Evidently no testing done on line as it would have ascertained it was faulty.

BT engineer was booked for 8-1pm 21st September. No one shows up. Called technical support at 2pm. No further communication or progress, no one else sent.

It's now 25 days since I ordered fibre, and 10 days completely offline. My usage for the month is 54mb!!

Absolute farce of a company after many years decent service. Obviously growth has gone to their head. Never recommending.

Rant over.

Anyone experienced similar?
4 REPLIES 4
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Mistake to upgrade. Awful service.

I am a plusnet customer myself and know how frustrating it is when things like this happen after having serveral broadband faults myself. The best thing to do if your not getting anywhere and you are unhappy is to send this over with full details to the complaints team.

plusnet complaints form

Hope this helps,

James

peld

Have done already. Unsurprisingly no response yet.
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Cool depending on the method used to raise the complaint it can take between 5-10 working days to receive a response to your enquiry 

Hope it gets sorted,

James

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Sorry for the issues you've been having. I've just been taking a look over your fault and can see it's being worked on at the moment. There was an engineer booked for tomorrow, however it appears we're being advised this may no longer be required and the engineer will be visiting the exchange rather than your premises, our faults team will confirm this shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.