cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing router from BT openreach

gofaster
Rising Star

Re: Missing router from BT openreach

Hi Chris, I am in the same situation as TimStephenson - I had bought a HH5 off eBay and the engineer didn't leave a modem.
Any chance I could get one too?
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi Plusnet,
Only if you have any spares, is it possible to send out an Openreach modem? I never got one when I signed up as Plusnet decided that I would be suitable for a self install.
Again only if you have spares,
Thanks
NE.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
TimStephenson
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
@TimStephenson Your's will be sent out today as I just missed yesterday's post Smiley

Thanks Chris !
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just to update this post, we don't have a large stock of these modems. Generally if an engineer has visited and *not* left a modem we'd need to arrange for a new engineer to visit and install it. Sending one manually from here should really be a last resort as we don't have an infinite amount.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gwillym
Grafter

If you've got a HH5, you don't need a modem - there's one built in
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

People know that but there are two points:
1. Plusnet paid BTw for an engineer install which includes the provision of a modem.
2. If there is an issue when someone is using their own equipment Plusnet would expect the user to try using the Plusnet/BT provided equipment to eliminate it being a fault with the user's modem/router. That's a bit tricky when one hasn't been provided!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gwillym
Grafter

Good points, but if the objective is just to get up and running while others sort out the missing modem - then just plug the HH5 in.?