cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed fault appointment, and unusable speeds for a few months

standards

Missed fault appointment, and unusable speeds for a few months

Hi there

Please can we have an update regarding our missed appointment for a line fault this week? We have barely usable telephone line and broadband speeds are 0.1 down and up!! 

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Missed fault appointment, and unusable speeds for a few months

Apologies for the delayed response.

It looks like initially we just reported the fault through to Openreach to investigate externally, but I can see since then we've made an appointment with you for this morning.

How'd it go?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
standards

Hi

Just trying to call again on the phone. But the engineer checked everything internally and was all fine, the only thing he replaced was faceplate. That's made no difference.

He said he wasn't a broadband engineer and that maybe a bit of rust coming in on the line was causing it, at the time there was no noise on the line.

Other than that, broadband speeds are appalling still. Less than a half a meg down and up. Testing from laptop directly to the router via ethernet cable and no wireless in use.

Help!

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like the agent you were speaking with had reset your line.

When your connection comes back up, can you let us know if your speed is any better?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
standards

It's better got 7.0 down and 0.6 up. Thank you. Just for my info, what does resetting the line entail?