cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Installation. Exuses Exuses but no real answer and no new appointment!

Kirkmichael

Missed Installation. Exuses Exuses but no real answer and no new appointment!

I've been a PN customer almost from day one when they really were a very small Yorkshire company.  Generally  I have been happy both with service and problem resolution but today my blood is seriously boiling.
Living in the countryside I always knew I was always going to struggle to get fast broadband so years ago when ADSL came to our local exchange giving me speeds that my son living in Glasgow laughed at ((he had Superfast fibre) but which for me were life changing I was thrilled.  Not only did we get ADSL and 6Mb but we were also promised Fibre within a few years.  Nearly six years later,  in early Dec I  received an email telling that my exchange was now finally enabled and that Fibre was available on my line.  Ok my speeds where still going to be slow but up to16Mb, I could hardly believe it. 
So, the order was placed and an appointment made for BT to come and fit the equipment.  Ok I was going to have to wait nearly a month but hell, I had waited years, a few more weeks would be manageable.
So, today was the day.  I had everything set up and had taken the day off to be at home all day.
Time passed, I twiddled my thumbs but no engineer, no calls, no contact.
I called Plusnet at 16.30 (15 min telephone wait) to check I had understood correctly.  "Oh yes" I was told,  the engineer could still be with you today.  You are definitely on today's installation list, "Please wait".
I waited until 19.00.  No engineer, no telephone contact, no email explaining why I had wasted a whole day sitting around.
I called  Plusnet again (15 min telephone wait) and they promised to call back which they did very promptly to explain that the engineer had decided he could not come "due to exceptional circumstances".  It seems his "exceptional circumstances" also meant he did not have the common courtesy to call and let me know he could not be bothered turning up..  Apparently my wasted day is of little consequence to him or his organisation. 
All of this I could have lived with if I had been told that the engineer would be with me tomorrow but no.  To my absolute anger I am now told that I will have to wait to be re-issued with a new appointment which might be,  as my first appointment was, weeks in the future.
Sorry, but this is cr#p.  Things like this should not  be allowed to just slide.  I would like a proper detailed explanation of why this engineer did not show up.  I would also like to know what action his superiors take when they are made aware of these issues.  Plusnet, I know you are relying on a third party but my contract is through you.  I expect a lot better from you and I expect better answers and better solutions than a  promise of new appointment at some vague point in the future.  If you can't get answers then please give me a telephone number or contact that I can call at BT.
Kirkmichael.
7 REPLIES 7
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Missed Installation. Exuses Exuses but no real answer and no new appointment!

For once exceptional circumstances just might be that, have you looked out a window?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Missed Installation. Exuses Exuses but no real answer and no new appointment!

As above - in conditions like this BTOR's are to support existing customers and downed lines etc.
I do agree that it is frustrating waiting in not knowing what is happening and BTOR / PN should let the customer know at the very earliest opportunity.
Fingers crossed you get sorted soon Smiley
chrcoluk
Grafter

Gus with all due respect, I see multiple failures here.
1 - Plusnet been laid back and telling the customer to chill, without even bothering to contact openreach to get a live update for him/her.
2 - The engineer/openreach not informing the customer they couldnt make it.
3 - The lack of a escalated new appointment e.g. the next day to compensate for the failure.
4 - The lack of compensation from plusnet who DO get compensation from openreach.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re 4:
Plusnet will be getting £45 from OpenReach: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Kirkmichael

To Gus,
I took your advise and looked outside, photo attached.  Another nice day, just like yesterday. 
Kirkmichael.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Kirkmichael
Really sorry to see that the engineer didn't arrive, the weather there certainly doesn't look as bad as other areas of the country.
I can see that you've spoken to our support team since starting this thread and we've opened a complaint with Openreach.
The rebooking of the engineer appointment is with the expedites team to get this booked in asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Kirkmichael

Thanks Chris,
Gus has called and spoken to me.  He is going to try and expedite a new appointment.  Weather here is and has been fine, we don't generally do snow in this part of Scotland.
Frustratingly, you can't throw a stick around here without hitting an Openreach van.  They are everywhere here especially in my local village where there are generally at least two or three vans sitting. 
Kirkmichael.