Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miss-sold on upload speed

FIXED
tuhinwahid
Dabbler

Miss-sold on upload speed

Hi,

I just moved to PN on standard broadband 3 months ago, but could only get standard broadband because that's all I could get in my area until about 3 weeks ago when fibre was available. After 9 years I jumped at the opportunity for fast broadband and asked PN to upgrade by phone. The chap on phone stated that for standard fibre I'd get around 40 Mb download and 10 Mb upload or similar; he even mentioned that people are being moved to 55/10 on the standard package, which was great.  

My activation date was today and I got an email saying that my upload speed has been increased to a 2 Mb/s. I thought "hang on surely it should be 10 Mb/s?".  I contacted PN via chat and essentially I have to lump it or pay more for the 80/20.  

The thing that "upsets" me about this is that nowhere on the PN website it stated this, but more importantly the chap on the phone stated I'd get around 10 Mb/s. 

So, my options are:

• Cancel the fibre upgrade (within 14 days for free), wait till July next year and then go with BT getting 55/10
  • Cancel the fibre upgrade (within 14 days for free), cancel the standard PN broadband (charges apply) and then go with BT getting 55/10 NOW
  • Stay locked in with PN for 2 years
  • Stay locked in with PN for 2 years and upgrade to 80/10

I'm not sure why I making this post, perhaps to vent my frustration and garner some advice.

Cheers

Chewy

17 REPLIES 17
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Miss-sold on upload speed

Welcome to the forums @tuhinwahid

We haven't offered a 40/10 option for quite some time and stopped offering 40/20 back in June 2015. Anyone that was on 40/20 would be changed to 55/10, however any new customers that signed up after 16/06/15 would have the options of 40/2 or 80/20.

Having said this, please leave this with me for now and I'll look in to this further and get back to you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tuhinwahid
Dabbler

Thanks Harry and that was a quick response.

I wish I was informed during the conversation with the sales guy then I would have made a informed choice on the packages available.  OK, I've lived with 0.4 Mb/s for 9 years, but feel a bit misled.

Cheers,

Tuhin

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've listened to the call and confirmed the advisor did sell you 55/10 despite this not being a product we offer.

Leave this with me and I'll try and get this sorted out as soon as possible. The order to modify the provisioned speed from 40/2 to 55/10 should only take a day, but then I may need to carry out further work on the account to make it allow the up to 55/10 speeds.

I'm escalating Ticket: 135828194 to myself on your account and I'll provide further updates there.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tuhinwahid
Dabbler

Wow Harry, thank you for expediting the issue and being so damn quick! Smiley

Cheers,

Tuhin

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

I believe you should now be on 55/10.

You may need to disconnect/reconnect your router first.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tuhinwahid
Dabbler

Thank you Harry. It really is appreciated that you investigated the situation fully. Smiley

tuhinwahid
Dabbler

Hi Harry,

I've run some tests after two reboots just to make sure, but I seem to be on 40/02 (see below). Is there an issue with profile? Cheers Tuhin

Fibre.PNG

My hub router:

hubone.PNG

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've re-opened the ticket and escalated it back to myself to investigate further.

I can't guarantee a resolution by the end of today, but I'll certainly look in to it next week if I can't get it resolved today.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just to advise, I've not forgotten about this matter. I discussed your account with a colleague earlier today and I'm hoping to be able to provide an update later today.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tuhinwahid
Dabbler

Hi, here is my Hub One stats plus I also did a speed test using BT wholesale and get 37 Mbs down & 1.4 Mbs up.

HubOneStat.PNG 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies that I've not received any updates on this over the past few days as I expected. I'm still chasing this for updates from the relevant people.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tuhinwahid
Dabbler

No worries Harry.  I know you're a busy man. Smiley

I just wanted to know about line 6 Data Rate and whether or not that is the line speed to my router. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I believe that's just confirming the sync speeds on your connection. The order I placed did correct the sync speeds, but they're still being capped by something else which is what I've been discussing/trying to resolve with a colleague.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hopefully this matter is now resolved and you should be able to achieve up to 55/10 as you were sold.

If you're not currently achieving these speeds, please disconnect and reconnect. Let me know if you're still having any problems with this.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet