Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatch profiles

shalom2010
Grafter

Mismatch profiles

My Plusnet account says:
Estimated line speed:
There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
66.8 Mb
The BT Performace test (http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/) shows:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 63.43 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 60 Mbps-70.92 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 70.92 Mbps
Can someone from Plusnet (after Easter) adjust my Plusnet profile to the BT Profile?
Always seems to take several days for this to happen  Angry

9 REPLIES 9
darklight
Grafter

Re: Mismatch profiles

You are i think having the same problem as me, my profile as dropped 10mpbs from 73 to 63 profile i'm not happy one bit and all that plusnet say to do is run BT speed tests, my profile has been rock solid upto last sunday around 1pm then it dropped. What i can make out, loads of people around a number of other forums are having the same problem as we are, it maybe down to G.INP and the modem we are using, i guess you have the same modem a ECI telemcom BT modem.
The solution is to buy a unlocked BT Openreach Huawei EchoLife HG612 modem (can be found on ebay) with latest unlocked firmware installed or get a billion 8800NL, i'm just weighing up which direction to go myself.
stoswald
Grafter

Similar here
Phone exchange:
    RUGBY
Estimated line speed:
    2.0Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2015-03-03 21:45:12
Current line speed:
    64.8 Mb
I've got BTO coming on Wednesday, hope they have a Huawei modem for me  otherwise I'm jumping ship and going back to a more traditional service that is stable and not all over the place like 80/20 has been since 15 January, when something occurred to balls up the latency.
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Could your speed drop be crosstalk? My speeds deteriorated over a month from around 50Mbps at the socket to about 35mbps Down, where, no matter what the underlying maximum down speed is, (it has increased lately to about 70Mbps) my down speed seems to have been fixed for well over a month. Up speed has also increased, from 12mbps to 17Mbps and that increase is reflected in my connected speed being about 14Mbps from 11Mbps Up.
Last week I was changed to the standard Fibre package (40/10) from the Extra that I had been on (80/20) because PlusNet could no longer deliver that service and therefore I was wasting my money on it. Crosstalk was cited as the cause.
If you read these forums they are swollen with disappointments in speed, usually a reduction having achieved better, sometimes falling short of expectations. Whatever else, whether justified or not (slower connections may well be adequate for many?), Speed is an issue. If a reliable faster service was offered for 50% more, I bet that there'd be many who would take it up, or at least give it lot of thought, and without doubt, reduced speed brings anger. Therefore, I would expect PlusNet and BT to be looking hard at solutions that provide a better service and would attract more customers rather than antagonise them.
As ever, the speed effort is going where the returns are greatest, in towns and cities, whilst in the sticks the service is patchy. Maybe there's an argument for more expensive reliable solutions offered at higher prices in the sticks to make them worth more investment? Perhaps remote fibre cabinets, and maybe signal boosters? Perhaps something imaginative needs doing regarding power supplies to remote poles, like legislation that makes connecting easier for telecom companies (at some stage electric car chargers will need attaching all over too, so making power easily available seems sensible?). If power could be easily supplied to remote equipment, it opens up possibilities for broadband and mobile phone companies, whereas now, arranging for a small power supply is simply hassle and extra cost. For something needing a few milliamps this isn't worth looking at.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: darklight
You are i think having the same problem as me, my profile as dropped 10mpbs from 73 to 63 profile

The OPs issue is different. His IP Profile does not match his Plusnet Profile speed.
It should automatically update, but it depends on when Plusnet get the updated profiles from BT Wholesale.
shalom2010
Grafter

Done
darklight
Grafter

@Call Me Steven
Done what?
AndyH
Grafter

I think he means his profile has update.
shalom2010
Grafter

Correct  Wink
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It should happen automatically when we get an update from BT, as it appears to have in this case.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team