Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misinformation from Plusnet

RWadher_20
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Misinformation from Plusnet

I felt I needed to share something I experienced today regarding potential upgrades and misinformation from PN as I wouldn't want a fellow customer getting burnt.

Having called to inquire about very low speeds on my ADSL line (currently live in a rural area), I was told by the person in technical support that I had the ability to upgrade to a Fibre broadband package!!

Prior to this, I had done numerous checks on the area through (DSL checker) to find that any FTTC or FTTP were unavailable so I immediately thought something was not quite right. I was quite shocked to hear potentially faster broadband in my area!
I was then forwarded to the account upgrade team who did indeed disprove that notion and confirmed there were no available FTTC or FTTP for my area. He himself was very surprised the technical support guy did not do any kind of check to confirm what he was claiming.

This misinformation fortunately didn't cost me but it is quite unacceptable.

Has anyone else experienced something like that? Also the call wait time to get through to someone was nearly up to 50 mins!!!

For now I will persist with the slow speeds but at least I didn't get caught out!

Regards

Rahul
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Misinformation from Plusnet

I agree that you should not have been told that fibre was available but fail to see how you could have been 'caught   out'. Those responsible for putting an upgrade through quite correctly advised you that this service is unavailable at your address.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RWadher_20
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Possibly I'm a bit strong with words but it shouldn't be the case that I'm getting told different things from the same company. I was surprised at this that was all.

Im just hoping I can get fibre in my area soon!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @RWadher_20, sorry to hear you were advised that Fibre is available when it's actually not.

The result when entering your telephone number on dslchecker.bt.com isn't one I've seen before (Generally speaking, it will either not show VDSL (FTTC), or it will show it as Available or Waiting List):

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 79 20 19 77.2 Unavailable -- --

It's possible that the advisor saw VDSL in the list and didn't notice it states Unavailable, as opposed to it just not displaying when not available. But that shouldn't really be an excuse, so we'll pass feedback on accordingly and I do apologise for the poor experience this has caused.

Checking your address over on https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband advises the following:

Faster and more reliable fibre is coming to your area soon. Your speed will depend on things like how close you are to the cabinet. Your broadband provider will tell you what speed you can expect to receive when you place an order.

So, hopefully you're not waiting too much longer for this!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet